oil fill vent question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
I hava a 2k4 5.7 l w/cai.I cannot run a catch can due to the pvc set up being integral .I have the breather hose coming off the oil fill going into my intake tube that i do not like sending hot ****** air in there.my question is,can i remove that hose,plug the hole in my cai tube and connect a breather filter to the oil fill vent?has anyone done this and if so can you reccomend a filter.i saw some on amazon for like ten bucks but i need to take some measurements on the size i will need.

OP
OP
S

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
so i can do a catch can there.i was getting info elsewhere saying i could not.however would just putting a breather filter on the oil fill vent and plugging the hole in cai tube work as i have limited funds at the moment.

pajeepman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Does the catch can help with performance at all?

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
im not getting why i need to direct anything from there back into the intake at all or catch anything in a can.why not just take some hose with a 45 on it and put a breather filter on top.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Does the catch can help with performance at all?

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
No, it's meant to be a longevity and keep your intake manifold clean type thing. Other than trying to keep the top end clean it doesn't do a thing for actual performance.