Ordered New Laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bricky64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello, new to forums, but a 2 time previous ram owner. Tried the chevy for last few years, but back to Ram for good. Ordered last week a 2021 Silver Laramie with Sport package, and Off Road Package. Also Laramie Level 1, spray on liner, and stayed with 8.4 screen. A few questions. Is the off road package worth the cost? Looking for a roll up hard tonneau cover, any suggestions. I have seen both positive and negative reviews on Bak, and was thinking the new revolver X4s. Please, any suggestions.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Hello, new to forums, but a 2 time previous ram owner. Tried the chevy for last few years, but back to Ram for good. Ordered last week a 2021 Silver Laramie with Sport package, and Off Road Package. Also Laramie Level 1, spray on liner, and stayed with 8.4 screen. A few questions. Is the off road package worth the cost? Looking for a roll up hard tonneau cover, any suggestions. I have seen both positive and negative reviews on Bak, and was thinking the new revolver X4s. Please, any suggestions.

What did the dealer tell you about delivery date?

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI

Congratulations and welcome.

I usually get the "off road" package when it includes Bilstein 4600 HD shock absorbers. These have firm settings and are important with loads - I trailer a fair amount. Off road also comes stock with AT tires, which I need up here in central Minnesota for all kinds of terrain, backroads, snow, etc.
I could live without the transfer case guard plate, but no biggie either way. 4 bolts and it's off for oil changes.

I am seeing more folks going for folding tonneau covers these days, you might want to stop at a dealer and see if you like it, or ask members here. I have a rollup since I don't keep expensive things in my bed while the truck is unattended.

Hope this helps.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I got it on mine..I like the shocks and I do some camping so the skid plates may come in handy. and one more inch of clearance cant hurt. I have used hill descent a lot as we drive up to the mountains several times a year. not a lot of money. more functional than the sport hood I got.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

Congrats on your order! May the time go quickly for you.

My 2020 Laramie is nearly identically equipped to what you ordered - Off-Road Group, Sports Appearance Package, Laramie Level 1, spray on liner, Uconnect 8.4. Only real differences besides the model year are, mine is blue and it has the rambox option. The ORG and Sport Appearance Package are both worth it in my opinion. The sport hood was a must for me, and I didn't want all the chrome in the bumpers and grille. The tires which come with the ORG work great for year-round driving (including snowy/slushy conditions). I wanted the skid plates, and I appreciate the 1 inch lift the ORG gives. I have no regrets for either package.

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions for a hard roll-up cover, but I'm sure you'll have plenty of recommendations for those.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Does yours get the blind spot or is that still no available?

OP
OP
B

bricky64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To be honest, not sure if blind spot comes with it in Level 1

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
To be honest, not sure if blind spot comes with it in Level 1

Mine came with blind spot on the level 1 trim. Just looked at the ram site last night and it doesnt show all the option packages that were available in January. Don't know why unless its another computer chip issue.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Mine came with blind spot on the level 1 trim. Just looked at the ram site last night and it doesnt show all the option packages that were available in January. Don't know why unless its another computer chip issue.

They took out he BSM and gave a $200 discount a piece back due to the "chip" issue. I was not sure if they added it back in. I would not buy a 5th Gen without it.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I tow a travel trailer every now and then so the BSM has been nice to have. I towed a lot of stuff before they came out with this but have gotten used to it. get it if you can

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
They removed BSM on 1500 Laramie Level 1 and Laramie Level 2 packages because of the chip shortage. Those packages have been renamed Laramie Level A and Laramie Level B. The cost of them has been reduced by $200, as Farmer Fran said.

stormcom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn
Engine
V6

FYI A Ford top will fit a Ram. Took the factory cover off 2019 Platinum and put it on my Limited. Worked great. 5 ft. bed

Tom McClellan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the off road package and it certainly gives me piece of mind. I have the BAK revolver and also had it on my last Ram. Especially love the lack of velcro. Welcome back to the fold.

OP
OP
B

bricky64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
going to try the bak x4s. I am getting worried how long this truck may take. Thanks for all the replies.

Tom McClellan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think you will be happy with that one. Good luck with the wait. I waited 12 weeks and a day for mine. well worth it!

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A (prior 2010,2019,2022)
Engine
Cummins
Congrats on your order! May the time go quickly for you.

My 2020 Laramie is nearly identically equipped to what you ordered - Off-Road Group, Sports Appearance Package, Laramie Level 1, spray on liner, Uconnect 8.4. Only real differences besides the model year are, mine is blue and it has the rambox option. The ORG and Sport Appearance Package are both worth it in my opinion. The sport hood was a must for me, and I didn't want all the chrome in the bumpers and grille. The tires which come with the ORG work great for year-round driving (including snowy/slushy conditions). I wanted the skid plates, and I appreciate the 1 inch lift the ORG gives. I have no regrets for either package.

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions for a hard roll-up cover, but I'm sure you'll have plenty of recommendations for those.

I believe we have the exact same truck in everything but which blue, mikeru! Love everything about this truck.

Don't forget, the Off-Road Group also gets you a full size spare instead of the standard spare. Totally worth it in my opinion!

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I believe we have the exact same truck in everything but which blue, mikeru! Love everything about this truck.

Don't forget, the Off-Road Group also gets you a full size spare instead of the standard spare. Totally worth it in my opinion!
Very true!