Ordering my 6.4 Longhorn Tomorrow. Last minute advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
... So honestly... Get the sun roof. It's only a few dollars more a month in your payments and you won't regret not having purchased it later. That's something that you really can't go back and add later. [/I]

Every sun roof I've ever had has eventually leaked. NEVER again.

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
What cab and bed are you getting. If you have family, the mega cab is the best option and then the crew as far a leg room. The quad cab isn't big enough for adults to sit comfortable. And you can get the 8' long bed or 6'4" bed in all of them. I have the crew cab and wished I had the mega cab.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

nascamper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
What cab and bed are you getting. If you have family, the mega cab is the best option and then the crew as far a leg room. The quad cab isn't big enough for adults to sit comfortable. And you can get the 8' long bed or 6'4" bed in all of them. I have the crew cab and wished I had the mega cab.

I am getting the Crew Cab with the 6'4" bed. It's just my wife and I, so I don't think I will need the Mega Cab. The Titan I had was only an extended cab, so I'm already getting something larger than I had. Thanks for the suggestion though. I know the 8' bed would make more sense with the 5er, but I have a sliding fifth wheel hitch and I like the looks of the shorter box. I don't really need the extra bed space either.

Mr.Asmith9

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
Engine
6.4L V8 Hemi
Every sun roof I've ever had has eventually leaked. NEVER again.

Honestly NewBlackDak, This is my first brand new vehicle and I've always wanted a sunroof... So I went with one. I'll just hope it doesn't leak, I've had family members with sunroofs and they haven't problems. Either we are lucky or your not.

As far as cabs and bed lengths. I think the CC is large enough almost anyone to sit comfortably. The MC is nice don't get me wrong but its not for me. Also IMO if your going with the MC you need to get the 8' bed... The MC and 6'4" looks... silly... Once again though just my opinion.

Edit: noticed as I posted this nascamper got back about the cab/bed sizes so I guess disregard lol.

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I'd agree with only being the 2 of you, you wouldn't really benefit with the mega cab. Would be more of a looks thing then.

I do agree on all the back up cams and stuff and the larger alternator. If you get the snow plow prep I think you can get an even bigger one. I think it's a 220 alternator. I only got the 185 and I have no problems with my volunteer fire Dept lights and siren and my newest toy. A 30" epistar led light bar.

wiram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006, 1995
Engine
hemi 5.7, 5.2 318
Mega cabs are nice but they have a lot bigger blind spots when pulling a trailer you lose bed room so you can't turn as sharp and there long you'll be happy with the crew cab

jagr200

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm 6'5 and can sit comfortably in the back seat of my Quad cab when I leave the driver seat in my driving position. Ya the 4 more inches of a Crew might be nice but I'm happy with the Quad.