Other truck's feature you wish RAM had?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
What's a feature on another truck that you wish RAM had? For me, it's the full roll-down rear windshield in the Tundra.
That’s a good one..... I do wish the back window was also a little bigger maybe not roll all of it down big but atleast bigger.

Another one for me since mine is a 2017 Longhorn is apple CarPlay. Man I wish mine had this.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
That’s a good one..... I do wish the back window was also a little bigger maybe not roll all of it down big but atleast bigger.

Another one for me since mine is a 2017 Longhorn is apple CarPlay. Man I wish mine had this.

^^^X2^^^

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road

billyw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ford's tailgate step. My old knees would love that. I also like their trailer backup system, and the lower window sill on the front windows for a better view.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Fords tailgate step, massaging seats and powerfold tow mirrors. Paddle shifters if they're going to stick with the dial and an auto wiper control notch on the stalk instead of having to go many menus deep to turn it on/off

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Many of the things listed earlier in this thread are available in newer Rams. (Not all, but many.)

Paddle shifters +1. More camera related systems would be my wish, I think. Some vehicles (not necessarily trucks) are starting to have front cameras, originally designed for help parking, also serve as built-in dash cameras. That would be nice.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Many of the things listed earlier in this thread are available in newer Rams. (Not all, but many.)

Paddle shifters +1. More camera related systems would be my wish, I think. Some vehicles (not necessarily trucks) are starting to have front cameras, originally designed for help parking, also serve as built-in dash cameras. That would be nice.
I prefer the left and right paddles,but yes the new up and down switch behind the steering wheel is a big improvement. They made a few small changes control wise that make a huge difference to me as far as driving enjoyment vs wanting to punch the screen all the time.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Similar to Fords: Electronic Front & Rear locking Differentials.

“I have witnessed these systems in action & most of the time they will save the owner from a tow.” (with the proper tires)
I personally like them when @ the boat ramps.
As well as towing the family’s 5th wheel through a non-paved camp ground.

Last edited:

Lomey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Outdoorsman
Engine
V6 3.6L
I agree with the rear roll down window. I had a Ford Sport Trac and most of the back window rolled down all the way or you could vent it about 3-4 inches. Much better than the tiny slide window on my Ram.

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I wish mine had a 110V outlet in the bed to plug in whatever we needed when we go fishing or camping or for any other deal that might need a plug. Also GM bumper that has the cutouts for a step is pretty cool

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Agree with step tailgate - young bucks poke fun at it but my 52 year old knees would love one.

Also, not on a truck by our Towncar would automatically release the parking break when you put trans in drive. One of those things that seems pointless but its so nice. I still catch myself putting the Ram in D then R out of habit expecting the parking brake to release lol.

Oh, I kinda wish the oem quad cab steps were wheel to wheel like the crew cab.

Oh, and a MDS disable switch.

Donutsahoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
What do you mean by this? My mirrors fold in at the touch of a button on my ram 1500

I think he means like the Ford ones that open and close based on truck being locked or unlocked, or it’s based on the truck running (don’t remember exactly)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tincup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish mine had the 4 front cup holders like the ford super duty’s. It seems stupid but when my wife and I go on a road trip I want to start with water and coffee, and if she has something too I can’t because I would take up all the cup holders. Not to mention a spit cup, etc

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Tailgate ladder such as the ones on the f250.

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Telescoping steerin wheel. Like I had in my Camaro 2SS/RS.