Outside temp way off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kroppshop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I noticed today the outside temp showed on the screen is 15 degrees Celsius, but we have right now probably 24-26 degrees C. (No engine light)
Is there a way to reset the sensor?

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I noticed today the outside temp showed on the screen is 15 degrees Celsius, but we have right now probably 24-26 degrees C. (No engine light)
Is there a way to reset the sensor?

Have you read your vehicle owner’s manual?

The ambient temperature display has different operating features - which can cause confusion with the display temperature.

Depending on vehicle usage prior to a new start, you may have to drive several miles to reset / display the correct ambient temperature.

If you meet all the parameters for the ambient display and it is still inaccurate, you may have replace the ambient air temperature sensor.

Tahoebronco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Last year I noticed my ambiant/outside air temps reading about 15 higher normal. I'll check the sensor to see if it is faulty.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
There’s some bugs in this function in my experience. Sometimes it’s spot on. Other times it will freeze up and show the same temperature for very long periods, -an hour or more- as the actual temperature varies significantly (changing elevation etc.)

I’ve had two vehicles from FC do this.

OP
OP
K

kroppshop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I noticed that too. I installed in the meantime a Tesla Style Android device and I see now the temperature always correct from The Weather Network.

20230805_174620.jpg

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
I noticed that too. I installed in the meantime a Tesla Style Android device and I see now the temperature always correct from The Weather Network.

View attachment 528817

Doesn't that need a WiFi connection? Do you find it to be a pain turning on Hotspot on a phone or Hotspot generator? I have a little black box I use so that I can view movies or YouTube videos on the stock unit but for weather to update it must hook up to a wifi.

OP
OP
K

kroppshop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, it need Wifi, but I turn on my hotspot on my phone before I enter the truck, takes 5 sec. And it is also used for traffic news on the navigation with Google maps. And it all does not need much data and it is well worth it for the big screen and great quality of the picture. And it has Android Auto anyways.

OP
OP
K

kroppshop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Park your vehicle so the outside driver's side mirror isn't in the sun. Problem solved :)
This does very clearly NOT solve the problem. If sun or not, the issue is still there and I am not the only one with this issue.