Overall height with billstein 5100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I'm finally getting around to installing my front Billsteins, did the rear already. Anyway, I've read through a bunch of threads and don't see anyone mention anything about overall height change at the roof level of the truck. I'm trying to figure out if this will affect my truck fitting under the door into my garage as it's quite close now.

I have a 2016 Laramie 1500, stock size 20" tires. I'd like to level it, still deciding on what setting and then thought about the roof height and how much it might go up overall if I put it on the 2.8 or 2.1 settings. I've seen plenty of measurements from wheel wells and at front bumper height, but not roof height.

Anyway, if anyone happens to have this info, I would appreciate sharing it. Thanks.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you are not touching the back then the middle will be up roughly 1/2 the front lift height. 2.8 will be about 1.4 at the middle. So the front of the roof will be around 2” higher and the rear of the cab 1.5” higher

OP
OP
RumRunner

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great thanks, now to put the truck under the door and make sure that will be ok :)

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Double check your rooftop antenna. Thankfully mine is a puck but if you have a shark fin that adds a couple inches

OP
OP
RumRunner

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, it's the fin. That will be my point of contact if there a problem. But wasn't sure how to measure without knowing how much it will go up overall and with the antenna being in the back. So as long as the antenna now has at least 1.5" clearance, I should be good.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Yeah, it's the fin. That will be my point of contact if there a problem. But wasn't sure how to measure without knowing how much it will go up overall and with the antenna being in the back. So as long as the antenna now has at least 1.5" clearance, I should be good.
Yes. Unfortunately tire size and psi in each tire is the variable with the overall height. Easy way to measure is don’t open your garage door all the way pull your truck in so the fin is directly below the door. Measure from the bottom of the door to the ground. Then measure from the fin to the bottom of the door and subtract the difference

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did measure the space I have now, at the fin I have about 3" clearance to the bottom of the door. So I think I'm good.
Are you going to install taller tires as well? Make sure to account for that