Overhead Console Removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin-591500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 x2
Engine
5.9 Magnum, 5.9 24v Cummins Turbo Diesel
Hey all, i recently tried to change my bulbs in my map lights when the springs decided to shoot out. watching videos i only see the standard overheads being removed, but mine has the compass screen thingy, and it just doesnt want to come loose, and im giving near all the strengthi can to pull it down, but i dont want to try any harder because brittle dodge plastic. any advice?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sometimes they are extremely hard to remove. I have actually had some that I gave up on and just removed the black center section because I was just installing a Homelink in that truck. I honestly feel if I would have kept prying on it I would have broken it. I've noticed it seems to be the newer trucks that are harder to pop off than the older trucks but I'm not sure why. You may want to try to remove the black center section and then see if you can press the little brass tabs in on the two remaining clips on the outer tan ring section.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk