Overhead light console install question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoebronco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My 2011 Ram 2500 quad cab only has the one single dome light over the driver's right shoulder, which doesn't do much for lighting up the cab. This past winter I bought an overhead light console complete with the mounting bracket (that will be hidden from view between the headliner and the metal roof when installed). I've tried searching this site for details of the proper steps of removing the headliner so one can install the mounting bracket. So far I haven't found any clear instructions yet.

Does someone here have a link to someone's project of lowering down the headliner for the purpose of installing an overhead light console between the sun visors?

I thank you for any help you can offer.

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
There is an old and very long thread regarding the overhead console here:

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/how-to-add-overhead-console.23296/

You don't have to pull the entire headliner down, just free up all the things holding it up in the front. According to the console install thread, you should have enough room to squeeze the mounting bracket up between the liner and the roof just by pulling down a -little- bit.

I have not done this install yet myself but it is on my wish list.

Good luck!

OP
OP
Tahoebronco

Tahoebronco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thank you for posting the link. I'm going to check it out now.

OP
OP
Tahoebronco

Tahoebronco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Bummer the pictures no longer show up in that tread.