P0339 Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRGG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi 2wd
To make long story semi-short.
Battery Light Flashing and Airbag light on - Fix was to apparently change Alternator and PCM.
About 400 miles later P0339 code and P0340 code thrown and car stalls and riding rough in the 55-75+mph - attempted fix was to replace sensors several times (using mopar) - engine light back on after some few miles and brought back in to have Wire Harness and PCM replaced (2nd PCM in 2 months!).
Car runs rough still at those speeds...like it’s missing and engine light back on after about a week and 200-400 miles.
Engine light cleared today and then after another 60 miles and sitting for 2 hours it is driven 15 miles and engine light comes back on...along with a flashing seatbelt light with seatbelt plugged in.

Thoughts and help please :(

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
P0339 & P0340 indicate that the powertrain control module (PCM) detected an intermittent or erratic voltage signal from the primary & secondary crankshaft position (CKP) sensors. When an OBD II system uses multiple CKP sensors, P0339 is the sensor B, a secondary CKP sensor.

OP
OP
J

JRGG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi 2wd
P0339 & P0340 indicate that the powertrain control module (PCM) detected an intermittent or erratic voltage signal from the primary & secondary crankshaft position (CKP) sensors. When an OBD II system uses multiple CKP sensors, P0339 is the sensor B, a secondary CKP sensor.
Right - the problem is I have had almost everything fixed and replaced but it keeps failing after 200-400 miles of getting it back. Sensors have been replaced multiple times and PCM twice...wire harness...alternator. What seemed to start all this was the car brought in for Brake recall on boosters. Then battery light and airbag light came on. Alternator and PCM replaced...and then p0399 and P0340 codes and sensors replaced, pcm replaced a second time...wire harness replaced....after getting it back with no engine light car failed after about a week with same problems. Today battery was tested and guy said it was good but at 41% and he said alternator was good. I get it home and an hour later start it back up and it’s stalling out again. I put a trickle charge on it and removed cables. Put cables back on and started back up with engine light off. Went to drive and about 20 feet engine light came back on and now I notice I have an anti-theft light on when car is off - that I haven’t had on in the 5 months of owning it.