P0344 Camshaft sensor doesn't go away

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlcowper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi. I get the P0344 error message. I have replaced the Cam and Crank sensor with Mopar parts. I have replaced the Throttle body. I do have voltage (Same on both) to the Cam sensor on both outside spots on the connector when I have the ground connected to the middle spot in the connector. The connectors looks brand new. The limp mode comes on immediately and won't go away even after I reset. I made sure the battery was disconnected. I have reset the codes and they come right back. I have heard there are magnets in the cam that if replaced sometimes fixes this problem, but that appeared to be on older vehicles with a different Cam with two bolts.

Has anyone seen this before and how to fix it?

Thank you in Advance!

Justin

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
How many miles?

You really need someone with a diagnostic tool like a Snap On VERUS or similar to see what the engine is doing. There could be cylinder misfires on that bank also that may lead to looking at timing of the camshaft chain and gearing.

No magic bullet here since you have already done the "swaptronics" parts swapping with no relief.