P0441 evap code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

fadetoblack188

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Not yet I’ll check tonight when I get home from work

OP
OP
F

fadetoblack188

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So far so good , no pending

Attachments

• E20C4783-27D8-4C07-81E5-3F4FCCA77B29.jpeg
    E20C4783-27D8-4C07-81E5-3F4FCCA77B29.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 7
  • E7DB1498-6704-4C7D-8F60-008848E0F821.jpeg
    E7DB1498-6704-4C7D-8F60-008848E0F821.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 293173C5-B2B3-43C1-A8DC-52C6ED20EE91.jpeg
    293173C5-B2B3-43C1-A8DC-52C6ED20EE91.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 7

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds so familiar lol

I'm wondering if this is a software glitch in the PCM software. Wonder if it's worth taking it to the dealer to make sure the latest software is on the pcm....

OP
OP
F

fadetoblack188

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
and getting a monster bill ?? haha, ill wait and see if the light comes on.

why you think it could be a software glitch and not the gas cap or the purge solenoid?

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
and getting a monster bill ?? haha, ill wait and see if the light comes on.

why you think it could be a software glitch and not the gas cap or the purge solenoid?
Well mainly because I’ve replaced the gas cap, purge solenoid, and tank pressure sensor which is all in the service data for this code. I still get it randomly with no discernible pattern...

A dealer “should” only charge an hours labor to reflash the pcm but we all know how that goes....

OP
OP
F

fadetoblack188

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah.

well today the light just came back on ughhhh. I am at work but assuming it’s the evap code. I guess it’s time to try the tank pressure sensor

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ah that sucks......

Yeah try the tank pressure sensor, its PN 4593949AB, for my truck at least.

I forget, did you replace the purge valve already?

OP
OP
F

fadetoblack188

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
When I started the car after work it was off and hasnt come back on since so I dunnooo

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I started the car after work it was off and hasnt come back on since so I dunnooo
This is the kind of bs this code does. You have a check engine light and by the time you can look at the freeze frame and perform some tests it clears itself....

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hate to tell you this but you will inevitably have to pay a good mechanic to fix this problem. You can keep dumping money into it by throwing sensors and valves on it but with out a diagnostic smoke machine you'll never get it taken care of. You may get lucky but more than likely not. Believe it or not it could be caused by a vacuum leak somewhere you wouldnt think is possible. There's rubber connections on some of the plastic hoses that can acquire a microscopic crack causing a leak. A knowledgeable mechanic with a smoke machine will be able to find those microscopic leaks. Those machines hook into the system and literally emits smoke into the lines. The smoke travels throughout the system and will escape from the tiniest of holes which indicates where the leak is. A good system will not let the smoke escape.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree firing the parts cannon is usually not the way to go. But when the code clears itself as quickly as this one does it's hard to schedule an appt with a mechanic.

Also I'm not sure a smoke machine would help with this code because its not an evap leak code, it's "incorrect purge flow". The service data diagnosis steps point to chwcking the purge valve electrically, checking for an obstruction in the hoses, replacing the purge valve, checking the tank pressure sensor electically, replacing tank pressure sensor, and then finally checking the appropriate PCM pins electrically and finally replace the PCM.

Robert Morasko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you ever fix your evap code problem? Well it has been several months with my 2011 RAM Laramie Longhorn with 134000 miles and the evap codes. The mechanic has replaced every part twice including the Delco $450 fuel pump. He even rerouted my TPIM. He has done several smoke tests and said there are no leaks except where the fuel fill vent is (said that should leak as it allows pressure to release when filling the truck). He has replace all or most of the fuel lines. The pickup starts and runs excellent. There are no other codes. I started my truck last evening after using it for four days without a code and it triggered the check engine light. I cleared it with a blue driver on my way home from work. What more can I do to keep this code from returning?

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The only thing I can think of at this point is a PCM update might help. It's going to be my next solution if mine comes back....

Robert Morasko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well it has been several months with my 2011 RAM Laramie Longhorn with 134000 miles and the evap codes. The mechanic has replaced every part twice including the Delco $450 fuel pump. He even rerouted my TPIM. He has done several smoke tests and said there are no leaks except where the fuel fill vent is (said that should leak as it allows pressure to release when filling the truck). He has replace all or most of the fuel lines. The pickup starts and runs excellent. There are no other codes. I started my truck last evening after using it for four days without a code and it triggered the check engine light. I cleared it with a blue driver on my way home from work. What more can I do to keep this code from returning?

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
I have been dealing with a PO442,med. evap leak for a few years now off and on.It presents itself when it gets cold outside,oct.-march.I am planning on doing a smoke test with my homemade smoke machine on a cold day as I believe this is the only time I will find the leak.Seals/gaskets will constrict in colder temps.If the smoke test is performed in a heated garage you may not find the leak.BTW I made a pretty sweet smoke machine for around $12.00!A pickle jar,soldering iron,old sock,baby oil and an aquarium pump.I'm not looking forward to freezing my a-- off but I believe this will be the only way to find it as I have tried everything else.Taking my truck in somewhere is not an option for me because I don't let anyone else work on my truck.

Nicholas Cove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm currently trying to figure this issue on a customer's truck. I've smoked it from the ESIM intake hose. No leaks. Test the purge valve with a scan tool and confirmed with a dvom that the duty cycle matches. Pulled the hose off the purge valve that feeds the manifold. Vacuum tested it while closed before I pulled the smoke machine out. No leaks.

That damn ESIM valve on the carbon canister is most likely the cause of the intermittent code but I can't prove it. Why they didn't use a simple vent solenoid I have no idea. I interpreted that is a balanced valve between manifold vacuum and fuel tank pressure and is opened one way or the other depending on a refill to vent or opened the other way under vacuum to purge. Any Chrysler techs on here ?

This code also is accompanied by a gross leak, which I haven't found. Somebody has put a new filler neck and cap on it previously....