P0441 evap code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nicholas Cove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With the system being monitored in inches of h20 I'm wondering if they are sensitive to dirty filters for the esim fresh air tube. This truck had a moderate amount of dirt in the filter but nothing horrible.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
what a mess
i wonder if the check valves or Roll Over Valves being in the closed position could set something off

I do know if the roll over valves are tripped, you will have a heck of a time putting fuel into your tank

fuel-delivery-components-gif.gif

Last edited:

Robert Morasko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The only thing I can think of at this point is a PCM update might help. It's going to be my next solution if mine comes back....
I finally found the problem at 143,000 miles and after the local dodge dealer (two smoke tests etc) and the mechanic who replaced my fuel pump (replaced leak detection pump, chacon canister, evap lines, another fuel pump under warranty two luge cylinoids, three gas caps etc). The problem was the nylon line coming from the fuel pump down past. The leak detection pump was installed where the line was leaning on the leak detection pump, and resulting in a not complete seal. I repositioned the line and there is no small evap leak or replace gas cap light. Truck runs like new with no codes!!! RAM technicians and local mechanic could not diagnose the problem. I, not a mechanic, noticed this line leaning on top of the leak detection pump did not appear normal after I paid $75 for an OEM leak detection pump. I have a couple of extra gas caps, Luger valves and an extra leak detection pump.
I am most in Fattic Lee say that the ram pick up is an outstanding vehicle. The only problem I have had was to replace the fuel pump due to the backflow valve, not functioning properly other than that and the mechanics not installing the fuel pump properly, and not detecting it or diagnosing it properly, I have had no problems with this pick up. The pick up has almost 144,000 miles on it.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Next time that you think your Purge Valve is bad, remove it & try to blow through it, if you can blow through it, replace it

Always use a Mopar Gas Cap

although the p0441 does not call for the ESIM, ( Evaporative System Integrity Module ) to be checked
I would check it for things like improper installation, like double gasket