P1524 Error Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aleckb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, just to see, I ran some fuel system cleaner through and now it's running much better. Put a tank of 93 in it and going to see it that's it, keeping my fingers crossed I just got some bad fuel somewhere.

burner71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So after fixing my previous issues with my truck and thinking I was finally done with issues, this lovely code pops up. According to my tuner it says it is the Variable Intake Solenoid Circuit. When I look it up online though it says it Oil pressure out of range camshaft advance/retard disable. Any thoughts on where to look first? I did a search for the code here with minor results. Thanks

Pretty sure this is the oil solenoid under the intake at the front of the block that controls the advance and retard of the cam. It’s about a 30 dollar part.

CT224

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So the throttle body looks almost as clean as it was after I cleaned it a year ago. I am using Penzoil Synthetic 5w-30. The truck has 154k on it. If I have to do a motor rebuild I'll just sell the truck. I did a motor rebuild on my duramax when it spun a crank bearing a couple years ago, but I'm not putting that kind of time and money into this truck.

CT224

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
First off I wouldn’t put Pennzoil in a lawnmower, but to address your issue 3 Years too late, if you are using the small oil filter then you need to switch to the 2012 and below larger filter. The small filter cannot handle the flow correctly and the bypass kicks in and out causing the CEL. My 2020 did the same thing. Switched to the larger filter and have not had a problem since. I run Amsoil oil and filters. Amsoil is aware of the issues and recommended the switch while they re design the smaller filter.