PAC AP4-CH41 sub level control knob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My PAC AP4-CH41 showed up today for my 2017 1500 and I have a question. I want to mount the control knob just below the gear selector (I have a 2wd, so just a blank plate there). I can’t for the life of me figure out how to mount it. There’s a post with a couple of nuts that look like they should be used to sandwich on and hold to the plate, but they’re smaller in diameter than the knob. Anyone that has one and has installed it, Does the knob come off? I tried pulling on it, but don’t want to break something. The directions just say “mount the knob in a convenient location”, without any insight as to how to mount the damn thing.

where is yours mounted? Do you have any pics you can share?

Mleads310

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LMAO. It's funny because I went thru this exact same scenario a few weeks back and even call pac for clarification. Yes just pull the knob off. It is very stiff, but it does pull off I promise. The guy at pac did giggle a little when I asked him about it.

OP
OP
B

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
LMAO. It's funny because I went thru this exact same scenario a few weeks back and even call pac for clarification. Yes just pull the knob off. It is very stiff, but it does pull off I promise. The guy at pac did giggle a little when I asked him about it.
Awesome, thanks

OP
OP
B

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pulled the knob off this morning. Took a little coaxing, but it came off. Thanks for the info!

OP
OP
B

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Things just never seem to work right for me.
I got it installed, got everything hooked up, it powers on, but I’m not getting any voltage at the remote wire. I checked it at the amp first, then pulled my dash back apart and checked it on the harness side of the butt connector, and nothing. I’m waiting on a call back from their tech support right now. Hopi g it’s something simple that I just missed.

Mleads310

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you connect or not connect the additional small plug in the back of the harness? That plug needs to be connected for non alpine amped systems. It may have something to do with it?

OP
OP
B

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you connect or not connect the additional small plug in the back of the harness? That plug needs to be connected for non alpine amped systems. It may have something to do with it?
The only small plug I saw that could be connected was the one for the speaker wires. I have the alpine system, but did connect those as I'm not using aftermarket amps for the door/dash speakers. Either way, that should not have any effect on whether or not the remote wire gets power.

I ended up splicing the remote wire to my amp into the cigarette lighter positive and everything works. Seems my module has an issue supplying power to the remote wire. Everything else seems to work fine, so I will probably just leave it alone. If it ends up blowing the fuse for the lighter, I'll return it and get a replacement. I dont use the cigarette lighter for anything, so there will never be an additional load on that port.