PAC BCI-CH41v2 Review (LockPick Alternative)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello,

I have had several PMs about this unit so I decided I would do a quick write up for anyone to see.

First off, I want to say that this is a unbiased review, however I did receive the unit at a discounted price.

I also want to mention that this unit does not offer AirPlay or it's similiar counterpart for Android. I used this feature with my lockpick once just to see how it worked, but didn't use it again, so I had no need for it.

I also need to need to mention that while the lockpick is all in one unit, if you want to do a multi-camera system, you will need the PAC VS-41 camera switching module.

Install: 10/10

Install is very easy. Disseamble dash, take off screen, unplug factory harness and plug in the t-harness. Plug the T-harness into the PAC module and you do are done. Programming is very simple, and done through the gauge cluster and steering wheel controls.

I like this much much better than the LockPick. On the Lockpick, you did get a menu on the 8.4 which was nice, but it looked like something a 6 year old create on Windows 95. Also when I went to use Siri sometimes I would trigger the Lockpick menu, which was annoying.

The PAC harness has three programmable outputs which are handy for extra cameras or a 12v ACC source.

The features for the cameras are the main reason I made the switch. With the LockPick it was really annoying to have my turn signal camera when at a dead stop (turning at a light for example). With the Pac I can set when the camera turns on, either always with the blinker, with a tap, or above 10,20,30, or 40 mph. You can also manually control the front and rear cameras directly from the steering wheel, which was huge for me because I hated using the remote from the LockPick. With this I can press the > button and my front camera comes on, or the rear circle button to force the rear camera. This makes life a lot easier for parallel parking. Another feature is that you can choose which camera takes priority. For example yesterday I had parallel park; I went to reverse, then forced my front camera, and then back to reverse (which then overrid the front camera) and back to front for an easy parking job.

The VS41 is pretty much plug and play with the PAC module and harness. Only wires you need to hook up are the input from factory camera, output wire to the t-harness and the data wire to the PAC module. For side cameras you just need to plug in your video feed, and then the PAC module has power and ground for three additional cameras.

Also the navigation unlock creates issues, the same as it did the the LockPick. Turn the feature on and off from the settings does nothing. In order for a guarenteed GPS lock, the dipswitch for this feature needs to be disabled. Talked with the techs, it sounds as if this messes with the VSS somehow and messes with the GPS signal. IMO I do not think anyone will find a sure fire solution around this. I took a 3500 mile trip with the LockPick though and the GPS was only off a few times, I expect this to be the same.

I will post up some pictures of the install in the next post, and get a video up of it in action tomorrow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
MSRP on the CH41 is $299 and the VS41 is $150.

Most of their products can be found cheaper online though.

Found the VS41 for $92 and the Ch41v2 for $207 on ebay. So about $300 for both.

Wesj830

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
I have a 2016 Ram 2500 6.7 with the factory dual rear cameras (one is cargo area and one is bumper). I would like to add a front camera and sides. Would this option work with the 2 factory installed cameras?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Is this setup able to be used with a factory Backup camera?

ie does it take the existing video feed on pins 31,32, 33 and convert it via the T Harness to an RCA for the module?

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

Last edited:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds great !
I'd like to take my 14 Express with an upgraded RA4 8.4NA with a factory backup cam and add a cargo cam aka 3rd brake Lt cam and a front cam , Do you think this unit would work for me to add the cargo & front cam ?

Thanks for any response Sir !

OP
OP
A

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, this works with the factory back-up camera and the harness turns it into a RCA input on the radio and RCA output from the harness.

RLK - yeah you could do this. You would just have to determine how you want to activate the 3rd brake light and front camera.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I think I'm liking this more and more over the LockPick and RAx Jailbreak.

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bump for the video

OP
OP
A

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have video but not sure how to upload.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dbjb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, Sport 2wd
New to my ram 1500 and find this intriguing. Few questions...

Does one vs41 handle 4 video inputs? (I.e. Stock backup cam +3 more? I ask because your image shows 2 packages.

I know this doesn't allow airplay but couldn't one just hookup an old Apple TV and hide it in the dash?

Ch41 is the camera right... any images or links to the camera installation?

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
A

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, the VS41 is the video switcher that has 4 inputs and one output. I suppose if you could get an AppleTV and an A/V cable adapter you could hook it up to the rear media input.

The CH41 is the primary module, the VS41 is the video switcher. Camera's are generic models. I can take a few pics of the cameras, but do not have any pics of the install.

Last edited:

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does this work in the 2011 longhorn with factory nav radio? Is it radio or year dependant?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks fur the reply, I already have the factory reset camera on my mygig uconnect system. So there must not be a way to add a front camera on my system?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Both pieces together listed above would give you that option, as well as side cameras if you wanted them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am3334