Park Assist sensor acts up in the rain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CVMA Lonestar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Whenever it rains, my park assist shows the red closest bar with solid tone alert on the front right side, as if I'm only a few inches away from something, even if I'm not close to anything. Is there a way to troubleshoot these sensors? There's 3 sensors on the right side, so I don't know which one would be causing the issue. I'm thinking maybe there's some corrosion on the connector or something? I tried looking up in there to see but it's hidden away, do I have to remove the bumper to access the sensors and harness? I'd like to avoid dealership labor costs if I can help it, especially since they'll probably just test them in a dry shop and tell me they're working as intended and then charge me for no problem found, and this issue really isn't that critical.

2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Swap the sensor with one of the ones that works properly. If the issue moves to where you swapped it, then the sensor is the issue. If it’s still in the same spot, then it’s a wiring,module or possible mounting issue.