Park assist light comes on when nothing is in front of the truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChicoG78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Park assist alert is saying there is something in close proximity when there isn't? Also had these lights come up on the dash. IMG_20230203_174512.jpg

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Mine did that last winter a few times. Once was after a rain storm that turned to freezing rain. Another couple times it did it when I washed the truck in the afternoon and froze over night. The sensors appear to be clear but it didn't rest until it warmed up and dried out. Usually it would alert me to check them but after a few alerts I believe it would disable them for that key cycle IIRC.

OP
OP
C

ChicoG78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We did have sleet and ice this week so maybe that is the culprit! Thanks for the info

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
I remember it freaked me out and tried "clearing" them but there wasn't anything there. I even cupped my hand and blew warm air on them and nothing. It wasn't until the sun came out and I drove it until they started working normal again. And it was always the front ones, never the back.

Ynottirbo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IMG_7109.jpeg

Keep getting this on my new truck. Took it to the dealership and they can’t figure it out.

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I'd be tempted to hit 'em with a heat gun to try to dry them out.

I've never had to deal with the problem but that's what I'd try.

Ynottirbo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update. Dealer is going to take bumper off tomorrow after the tech finally experienced the alert moving my truck. They will now try and figure it out.

Ynottirbo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update. Dealer is going to take bumper off tomorrow after the tech finally experienced the alert moving my truck. They will now try and figure it out.
Just got off the phone with dealership. They cannot figure out why the front sensors keep saying wipe. They are going to open Star case next week if I decide to drop it off again.