2015 Front Park Sense

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sporty Blue RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Recently I installed a set of Bull Bars on the front bumper of my 2015 RAM 1500 Sport. Due to the location of 2 of the sensors in the front bumper it was setting off the front park sense, so I turned that off at the dash. Since turning that one off the rear park sense works as far as the tone, but the distance indicator on the dash doesn't come up showing how close I'm getting to item behind me.

I have the AlfaObd2 program and the OBD2 connector where I can program things via the program. So wanted to know if anybody knows how to deactivate the sensors near the bars or if there's an item in the AlfaObd2 program that will help reprogram the fronts so the rear will go back to working properly.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Welcome to the board.

You cannot disable one or two sensors, nor can your remove the two blocked ones, they are not wired that way. Two options, buy the extension kit and move them out onto the Bull bar, or get the covers for the sensors so the blocked ones don't read and then you can leave the rest turned on.

On my 2021 2500, turning off the front sensors does not stop the rear from working or displaying the distance to target.

Relocate kit.

These are the Caps I used on mine to disable the two middle sensors when I mounted the Warn Transformer winch carrier. The only trick is they have to be mounted EXACTLY centred on the sensor. Put them on lightly to start with, check operation, align as necessary, press down hard to set them once the sensors don't false alert.

Last edited: