Parking Light Out Warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone have success getting rid of the parking light out warning with Alpharex Pro G2's? Its been happening every time I use my turn signals or 4ways. The lights are working fine, no flickering. Just keep getting the message on my dash.

So far I've tried setting all headlight and fog light options to LED using Alfaobd. It seemed to fix it for one day. Then the the next day I started getting the message randomly while driving and not using the turn signals. Got too annoying so I removed the LED settings. It is now back to only dinging when flashing.

Someone told me LED was not the fix and to set it to HID. I did that today about an hour before leaving for work. Still dinging each time I use the flashers. Not sure it it will change when I fire it up in the morning.

I did contact Alpharex a week ago, and they said they are sending me a set of resistors. Was hoping to not have to risk cutting into the factory wiring harness. Are there any risks associated with the heat put off by resistors?

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Are your park and turn switchback style? If so the newer trucks will need load resistors on the park light circuit. The switchback style completely turn off the parking when the turn signal comes on, the computer sees the current go to zero and throws the code. On my 18 I add 300ohm resistors to solve the problem.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Snowblind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In alfaobd go to car config and change CBC I/O Usage change the two front door ajar switch usage settings.

(from Jimmy07 previous post on parking light out)

OP
OP
Luau_Pig

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In alfaobd go to car config and change CBC I/O Usage change the two front door ajar switch usage settings.

(from Jimmy07 previous post on parking light out)

I saw a youtube vid about that. Stated to disable the door ajar. Was gonna try that but mine were already in the disabled position.

I believe they may be switchback. Its the Alpharex G2's with the fancy turn signals. The two fault codes it throws are B16bf and B16c3.

Bryoung11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Definitely following this post lol. I am in the same spot w/ the same headlights but I am TOTALLY new to all of this.

OP
OP
Luau_Pig

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I guess I've got no choice but to use the resistors whenever they show up. Any safety concerns with the heat they put off?

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Well I guess I've got no choice but to use the resistors whenever they show up. Any safety concerns with the heat they put off?

Don't put them near plastic. They can get damn hot, especially on circuits that are on alot. Like taillights that are on at night etc. Remember to see what is above them as hear rises esp in a location that doesn't get much airflow.

Also not in a place that can get covered in mud. When I was in the Jeep world, someone put them where they got covered in mud and a few months later they failed. Pull them out and it looked like a pottery experiment.

OP
OP
Luau_Pig

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That really worries me haha. Might just deal with the little ding on turn signals rather than risk doing unneeded damage to my truck haha. Wish Alpharex would come up with a real solution to this issue.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
That really worries me haha. Might just deal with the little ding on turn signals rather than risk doing unneeded damage to my truck haha. Wish Alpharex would come up with a real solution to this issue.

They should have the resistors built already but they won't do it ...

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Are your park and turn switchback style? If so the newer trucks will need load resistors on the park light circuit. The switchback style completely turn off the parking when the turn signal comes on, the computer sees the current go to zero and throws the code. On my 18 I add 300ohm resistors to solve the problem.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Do you have the link to the resistors you used ?

Tgondii

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Any update on this? Having the same issue. I get the message only when my headlights are on and I am using the blinkers. If the low beams are off then it doesn’t happen. Confused as to why this only seems to be a problem with pro G2s sold in the last couple months. Seems like a quality control issue that has a occurred recently.

Debating on returning or selling my G2s and buying the luxx model instead. It’s annoying to spend $500 and not be able to use the blinker without a loud ding every 5 seconds. The parking lights/blinker are not switchback so that’s not the issue.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Any update on this? Having the same issue. I get the message only when my headlights are on and I am using the blinkers. If the low beams are off then it doesn’t happen. Confused as to why this only seems to be a problem with pro G2s sold in the last couple months. Seems like a quality control issue that has a occurred recently.

Debating on returning or selling my G2s and buying the luxx model instead. It’s annoying to spend $500 and not be able to use the blinker without a loud ding every 5 seconds. The parking lights/blinker are not switchback so that’s not the issue.
It happens with the luxx series too ... just depends on your truck really ...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Luau_Pig

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been holding off on putting in the resistors. Has anyone put them in? I was going to make an attempt at installing them this weekend. Tore the front end apart but couldn't find what i felt was a safe spot to mount the resistors to since everything is plastic in the housing area. I contacted alpharex and they stated that I could simply ziptie the the resistors to the wiring. They stated the resistors will get warm but not really hot. Anyone got any input on the safety aspect. Really don't want to risk fire hazards for cool lighting.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
I've been holding off on putting in the resistors. Has anyone put them in? I was going to make an attempt at installing them this weekend. Tore the front end apart but couldn't find what i felt was a safe spot to mount the resistors to since everything is plastic in the housing area. I contacted alpharex and they stated that I could simply ziptie the the resistors to the wiring. They stated the resistors will get warm but not really hot. Anyone got any input on the safety aspect. Really don't want to risk fire hazards for cool lighting.

What resistors did you get ? Picture of them ? I ask because if you get the plug and play ones you can mount those to the frame since they are long enough to keep away from the house and any wiring ....

OP
OP
Luau_Pig

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is what Alpharex sent me. Resistor.jpg

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
You wont have to cut or splice into anything with these ..you can also look for some on amazon they have a few to pick from ....

OP
OP
Luau_Pig

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. Seems like those take up alot less space too.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Yeep .. you will be able to zip tie them to the frame away from everything ... this is why I am so turn off by alpharex now ... great lights don't get me wrong but this is the kind of issues should be fixed by them from the get go

OP
OP
Luau_Pig

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya I definitely love the look of my truck with the alpharex. But for the cost of the lights there has to be a solution to such a small issue. Even it means simply reusing parking light bulb from the stock headlights since the LED parking light isn't all that important to my decision to buy these lights.