Parking Light Out Warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Someone mentioned that to me the other day, instead of hooking up the switchbacks they used the 3157 bulb and supposedly fixed the issue ... interesting right ?

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Someone mentioned that to me the other day, instead of hooking up the switchbacks they used the 3157 bulb and supposedly fixed the issue ... interesting right ?
Yeah it'd turn off the error, but then you have no front turn signal. The parking lamp and turn signal are the same bulb/plug. The bulb would glow inside the housing, but you'd never see it.

OP
OP
Luau_Pig

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is interesting. Wonder how simple it would be to just hook up the stock bulb. I've got no experience tearing into headlight to make modifications haha. Might take a look next time I pull the front end apart.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That is interesting. Wonder how simple it would be to just hook up the stock bulb. I've got no experience tearing into headlight to make modifications haha. Might take a look next time I pull the front end apart.
Like i said, you'd literally have no front turn signal. The bulb would be hidden, blocked from view. You might get a faint glow through the background of the housing, but not enough to be safe or be seen.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Like i said, you'd literally have no front turn signal. The bulb would be hidden, blocked from view. You might get a faint glow through the background of the housing, but not enough to be safe or be seen.

What if both were wired at the same time ? ...

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What if both were wired at the same time ? ...
So, you want to cut the alpharex wiring, plug the bulb in, fish the alpharex wiring out the back of the housing and splice into the factory wiring? At that point, I'd spend the $20 and buy the plug and play resistors and not screw with the factory wires.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
So, you want to cut the alpharex wiring, plug the bulb in, fish the alpharex wiring out the back of the housing and splice into the factory wiring? At that point, I'd spend the $20 and buy the plug and play resistors and not screw with the factory wires.
I never said I wanted to to that lol... I would just get the plug and play resistors... I was just echoing what I was told ...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Snowblind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I may have fixed mine.

I originally disabled the driver and passenger door ajar and after I ordered resistors but before I installed them I thought I would switch everything back to the way it's supposed to be but after I changed those front door ajar's back to jeep/truck I had to make quick trip into town and got a new error I never got before turn signal left and right out with the hyper-flashing but not the parking light out, So investigating that I found a post saying set the rear doors to diagnose.

Try setting this:
CBC I/O Usage- driver door ajar switch usage > not set, none
CBC I/O Usage- front passenger door ajar switch usage > not set, none
CBC I/O Usage- left rear door ajar switch usage > left rear lamp diagnostics
CBC I/O Usage- right rear door ajar switch usage > right rear lamp diagnostics

Snowblind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let us know if it stays fixed ...

Ha it didn't I just had to move the truck and parking light out is back...

Well I got the gold resistors like you posted so in they go...

I gave up on Alpharex helping me it was to many hoops

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Ha it didn't I just had to move the truck and parking light out is back...

Well I got the gold resistors like you posted so in they go...

I gave up on Alpharex helping me it was to many hoops
Lol! Did you install them already or you just ordered them?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Snowblind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well so far so good. I put the resistors in two days ago and haven't had any errors.

Just before I put them in I started getting all four turn signals out so my system was going haywire, I would clear the codes and they would instantly come back.

The gold looking resistors were long enough to drop down behind the headlights and zip tie to the top inside edge of the bumper. There was a hole to attach the zip tie and this looked like a good fairly dry area and no chance they will touch anything they could melt and get good ventilation.

On a side note almost didn't have to worry about fixing my headlights was coming home last night and going through some curves when two deer came flying across the road I seen them just as they were mid on coming lane and hit the brakes slowing down just enough as they ran in front on me, it was close I was still rolling at least 50.

Well hurry up so you can let me know if it works lol ....

OP
OP
Luau_Pig

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice. Glad your truck is safe and the resistors are working. Will have to order up a set to fix mine. Wife is getting annoyed by the dinging whenever she rides with me haha.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Well so far so good. I put the resistors in two days ago and haven't had any errors.

Just before I put them in I started getting all four turn signals out so my system was going haywire, I would clear the codes and they would instantly come back.

The gold looking resistors were long enough to drop down behind the headlights and zip tie to the top inside edge of the bumper. There was a hole to attach the zip tie and this looked like a good fairly dry area and no chance they will touch anything they could melt and get good ventilation.

On a side note almost didn't have to worry about fixing my headlights was coming home last night and going through some curves when two deer came flying across the road I seen them just as they were mid on coming lane and hit the brakes slowing down just enough as they ran in front on me, it was close I was still rolling at least 50.

I am glad I was able to help you out and that this has actually fixed the Parking Light Out warning my friend ... even more glad that you and your truck are safe .... keep us updated please

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Which resistors did you order? I made some changes using alfaobd this morning but nothing seems to have gotten rid of the error.

Snowblind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These are the ones I used and right I tried everything with alfaobd I could find online and nothing worked.

I drove around most the day today and had no errors so looks like it's fixed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087CPXNT4

Which resistors did you order? I made some changes using alfaobd this morning but nothing seems to have gotten rid of the error.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
These are the ones I used and right I tried everything with alfaobd I could find online and nothing worked.

I drove around most the day today and had no errors so looks like it's fixed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087CPXNT4
Went driving this afternoon and couldn't get the warning to come on, even with the headlights on manually or in automatic mode. Maybe something finally clicked. I'll find out in a few hours when I drive to work. Otherwise I'll be ordering those resistors later on.

Snowblind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would get parking light out within 30 seconds of starting the truck, only later after I messed with disabling the i/o door ajar did I start getting turn signal out when I used them.

I have another vehicle I mostly drive so it took me a while with enabling and disabling things but maybe yours finally adjusted right.

Alpharex told me I only needed to change two settings with AflaOBD and I tried disabling and enabling just those two a dozen times and sometimes the truck sat for a week or two before being drove which I don't think helped.

I read another guy ran his 4 ways for a little bit and it fixed itself I tried that right before the resistors and I ended up with it saying all 4 of my turn signals were out! After that I would clear those and instantly they would come back I had to shut the key off fast after the last clear to finally get it cleared out, than I put the resistors in which by the way is fairy easy and only took about half hour although wished they would have just included them, on their tail lights you can see the resistor...

Went driving this afternoon and couldn't get the warning to come on, even with the headlights on manually or in automatic mode. Maybe something finally clicked. I'll find out in a few hours when I drive to work. Otherwise I'll be ordering those resistors later on.

-5304821658079614808.jpg