Parking Light Out Warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just drove in to work tonight and had no issues. No error codes or messages. Hopefully it stays that way as I really don't feel like pulling the lights off again.

OP
OP
Luau_Pig

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya I did all the changes with alfaobd as well. For the first day it seemed like it was working. Then the next morning it would send the warning over and over even if I wasn't using turn signals. Set everything back to stock and it returned to only dinging when flashing turn signals. Going to hopefully install those resistors in a couple weeks when I get some time off from work.

Snowblind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had no errors at all when I first installed the lights it was a week or two later when I started getting errors.

OP
OP
Luau_Pig

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I too finally got around to installing the resistors. It was a pain in the butt to get all that wiring to fit behind the headlight housing. But the light out warning is gone.

OP
OP
Luau_Pig

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My bad accidentally added housing. Just meant behind the headlight. The resistor harness that connects to the parking light bulb outside of the headlight is huge. Kept sliding between the light and the frame of the truck making it hard to lock it back in. Took alot of jiggling and even managed to snap a wire on the harness that I had to fix. But its a huge relief that the wife will stop threatening to damage my truck each time it dings haha.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
My bad accidentally added housing. Just meant behind the headlight. The resistor harness that connects to the parking light bulb outside of the headlight is huge. Kept sliding between the light and the frame of the truck making it hard to lock it back in. Took alot of jiggling and even managed to snap a wire on the harness that I had to fix. But its a huge relief that the wife will stop threatening to damage my truck each time it dings haha.

Oh snaps! lol ... not the truck ! ..... but ah ok .. the harness wires weren't long enough to secure to the frame before sliding the housings in ? .. but at least you got it working right ? no more errors ?

Snowblind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine was plenty long enough to zip tie to the top edge of the bumper there was even a hole in the perfect location.

I will try and take a picture tomorrow, it's really a terrific spot shouldn't get wet and plenty of ventilation and no chance of melting anything.

I did have a little bit of a hard time just on one side because the original bulb socket was trying to get behind the light housing when I was trying to do the clip but after a few minutes got it.

OP
OP
Luau_Pig

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The part that got hot was long enough, got it secured to the frame probably half inch below the light but away from anything it could damage, but ya the the wires were twisted it could have used a little more length to make it easier to tuck the big parts away. Been a couple days and have not gotten anymore warnings.

Snowblind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My errors are all gone too and haven't messed with anything in alfaOBD

OP
OP
Luau_Pig

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice, thought about mounting up top but was worried something would touch when closing everything up. So I ended up going below the light for peace of mind. Ill try that way if I end up needing resistors in my wife's truck. Gonna be doing OEM style modifystreet in hers.

Snowblind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I mounted straight below the light on the top inside edge of the bumper where it curves towards the tire, there was just enough slack to use a zip tie.

OP
OP
Luau_Pig

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like we used the same spot then.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Oh man this is promising then lol ... I already have well over $1500 spent this week alone in things I added so the headlights will have to wait for now ...but really glad that both of you guys got the errors to go away .... sucks because ALFAOBD should of done the trick but didn't ...

I did however stumbled upon something ... I read that if you have leds in the front and halogens in the rear or vise-versa ... that can also cause the light error codes ... you have to have leds on all four corners ... something to look into ...

OP
OP
Luau_Pig

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been running LED's in the front without changing rears since October. Haven't had any issues. No issues in my wife's 2016 either. I also left my brights as halogen because I never use them.

Snowblind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had LED in the rear first those popular c-shaped ones by Spyder and now using Alpharex's new LED tail lights.

When Alpharex tried to help me they wanted me to put my stock non tail lights back in and see if I still had errors, frankly it was easier to just add the resistors.

I did not have to change anything with alfaOBD on either set of tail lights but after the headlight errors tried changing the tails to LED too and it didn't fix any of my errors.

SeaRefractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This thread is so much gold! OP should edit the title if possible and place AlphaRex somewhere in the title, might have found the thread faster.