Parking sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cereb6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anybody have problems with parking sensors going off in the rain.?

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
Yea. Usually there was a prior event like fender bender, bumper removed for whatever reason etc. I deal with proximity sensors on a daily basis for work, industrial mechanic, and we have non sealed units. When adjusting them, its very small increments or you will overshoot the machines specifications real easy.

So on the sealed units, any kind of decent bump could potentially throw it off and nothing can be done except replace them

Bob Nichols

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings Diesel
My sensors turned themselves off after a rain last night. at this time I still have not been able to get them back on. I have a 2017 Ram 2500 4x4. I would like to know what happened and how to fix it.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine go off all the time in the rain. Only the front ones. I have to turn them off when the weather goes south. No fender bender, bought the truck new.

B0BA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
mine randomly go off when I'm driving or if I stop abruptly

Bob Nichols

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings Diesel
I spoke to a shop foreman at Dodge and he said that this a common problem with the parking sensors and that Dodge has not found a fix for this yet. He said the problem should correct itself after a few days of dry weather. What is strange is that I had over 46,000 miles on it before this happened.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clococo