Passenger side folding step

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reyn3545

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone else find that the passenger side folding step does not deploy every time the door is opened?

I don't know exactly how often it happens, because 90% of the time, there's no passenger. But when I do travel with a passenger, every once in a while the step does 't deploy properly. I can use the screen menus to deploy the step, or the passenger can close and re-open the door, and it always works.

q8ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yup, happend to me once closed the door and re-opend it deployed

Kukailimoku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Does anyone know what brand the factory powered running boards are?
Please don't say "Mopar"; but if you do say "Mopar" then who (sub-contractor) sourced it?

My understanding is that the Ram Box, the spray-on bed-liner, the powered boards, etc are all sent out to be done, by subcontractor(s), a little bit down the road from the factory. Not the factory-proper.

The reason I ask if we can identify the origins of the powered factory running boards is I didn't get them from the factory and now I want them. BUT... to maximize compatibility and minimize the law of unintended consequences (and "Murphy"), and not have some installer do extraneous drilling of my frame, I was hoping to get "factory" powered boards as an "aftermarket" addition.

(2020 1500 Laramie Crew Cab Ram Box short bed (5'7") 4x4 btw...)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990