Passenger side turning signal bulb replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

El Guapo Phil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Ram sent me a message: Right turning signal bulb not working.
With that message I started to look to replace the bulb. I went to YouTube and viewed guys taking of the grill and more just get to the bulb. My thought was, "There's got to be a better way". The video part that interested me was the mention of the fender well flap to get to the insert holding the headlight assembly in place.

I decided it was to much work for me and took the Ram to the repair shop. While I was with the service advisor in the parking lot looking at the signal before surrendering the Ram to them, a mechanic coming from lunch stopped as looked. He was told of the problem and he said it was a 15 minute issue to replace the bulb. Mine you, I saw the YouTube guru say to take the grill off, etc.

When I questioned him about the time element, he said there is a flap in the fender well that make it easy to get to the bulb and all you need is the right size pliers to get to the bulb out of the socket. I left the Ram in his hands and within 30 minutes it was back and functioning.

YouTube is great but sometimes a pro knows a better way. BTW the charge to change for the bulb and the replacement work was less than $20 total.