Payload 1,485

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It says the max payload is 1,485. What would happen if you overload the payload by like an extra thousand? -_^

Also Snow plows will void the warranty?
If so, should I be scared the equip the plow?

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It says the max payload is 1,485. What would happen if you overload the payload by like an extra thousand? -_^

Also Snow plows will void the warranty?
If so, should I be scared the equip the plow?

the biggest thing is to make sure you don't load to the point where the springs are fully compressed which an extra 1000 probably would. i'd suggest a small trailer or if you really have to put it in the truck get air bags and try to put the load as far forward as possible

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
First two or three times overloading? If you take it slow, likely nothing. But, eventually it will catch up- but lets put this in perspective:

You already have a payload of 1485, so your talking about going to 2500lbs total payload on two tiny axles. I overload with my camper upwards of 6-850 lbs, but with that I get an extra set of brakes and two additional axles plus a huge hitch in between that helps carry all that weight and replaced all of my suspension components and weigh every trip to make sure my axles are all under the ratings. And extra 1000lbs in the bed- I'd never consider. That takes balls the size of volkswagens to do that on a half ton.

Don't plow with a 1500 unless you like rebuilding your front end, transmission and transfer case once a year. I assume the extra 1000lbs will be for a spreader?

Last edited:

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
First two or three times overloading? If you take it slow, likely nothing. But, eventually it will catch up- but lets put this in perspective:

You already have a payload of 1485, so your talking about going to 2500lbs total payload on two tiny axles. I overload with my camper upwards of 6-850 lbs, but with that I get an extra set of brakes and two additional axles plus a huge hitch in between that helps carry all that weight and replaced all of my suspension components and weigh every trip to make sure my axles are all under the ratings. And extra 1000lbs in the bed- I'd never consider. That takes balls the size of volkswagens to do that on a half ton.

Don't plow with a 1500 unless you like rebuilding your front end, transmission and transfer case once a year. I assume the extra 1000lbs will be for a spreader?

And voiding any and all warranties you may have left...since the manual specifically says NOT to plow with a 1500 model.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i wouldn't use a new truck to plow anyway even if it was a 2500 with the factory mounts. no matter what you use if you see a good bit of snow any serious plowing is gonna be hard on it and there's gonna be wear and tear even if it's only small inexpensive things. most around here use old beaters or something much stronger like a tractor

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
uploadfromtaptalk1403984940795.jpg
This is what happens. It isn't remotely fun.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1403984964239.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403984964239.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 54

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Looks like that is no fun. If you have to do that again, move the pallets back over the trailer axles. That way you don't have the tongue weight plus the pallet weight all on the hitch.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Oh I'm well aware, the problem is the pallets were loaded with a hi lo. They couldn't load the pallets over the fenders on the trailer, so that's where they had to be loaded. If I were going to go more than 5 miles I would have had them pull the pallets back more.

jacobsjl88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh I'm well aware, the problem is the pallets were loaded with a hi lo. They couldn't load the pallets over the fenders on the trailer, so that's where they had to be loaded. If I were going to go more than 5 miles I would have had them pull the pallets back more.

Gotcha.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys I know ima newbie, this has been the first pickup truck I have ever bought.

I want to make myself a higher bed out of strong plywood.
Whats the highest i'm allowed to actually make for the height?
Does it have something to do with a surtain amount of extra then the roof?

I wanted to put a 4 foot sheet of pliwood on the height of the bed. am I allowed? :help:

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hey guys I know ima newbie, this has been the first pickup truck I have ever bought.

I want to make myself a higher bed out of strong plywood.
Whats the highest i'm allowed to actually make for the height?
Does it have something to do with a surtain amount of extra then the roof?

I wanted to put a 4 foot sheet of pliwood on the height of the bed. am I allowed? :help:

We really need a facepalm smilie.

:word:

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
stand the plywood vertically this way you can fit more in the bed.

:pepper: