Phone Volume Low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bereta1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2016 Ram 1500 with UConnect 8.4 radio, without nav. How do you turn up the phone volume? Mine is low even though I turn the radio volume up all the way.m

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
2016 Ram 1500 with UConnect 8.4 radio, without nav. How do you turn up the phone volume? Mine is low even though I turn the radio volume up all the way.m
You must turn it up while in call. If it remains low, use the volume buttons on your phone during a call to turn up the Bluetooth volume.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
It has been quite a while since i have tried adjusting volume either for Navigation or telephone.

I have the RA4 8.4AN
It sounds like you have the RA3 8.4A

I just thumbed through the Radio Manual, after going through about 20 or 30 pages, i gave up, i would have thought it would be under Glossary or Index, Settings or Menu

Sorry to say that i failed in the search

OP
OP
B

bereta1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
initially, do you use the vol/mute knob? Thanks

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also make sure the volume on your phone is up while you’re in a call. I know my music over Bluetooth sometimes is quiet amd turning up the phone’s volume works.

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Depends on how you use (connect) your phone.

If you connect using the USB cable to UConnect and use Android Auto, you can use the volume knob while on a call for volume. I don't think the phone volume up does anything while connected to Android Auto (not sure about CarPlay).

If going through Bluetooth, then you have to use your phone volume. I crank my phone to the max then adjust using the volume knob on the system. Make sure you crank the phone and master volume to their max (or close anyway). I have an app that I have presets, it takes 1 second to set it to my DRIVE setting. :)