pics of Rams in use.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MT Hillbilly

MT Hillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well to be fair, I estimated that was about 2200lbs of dirt lol it was totally on the bulb stops. I need new springs, shocks and probably helper bags soon
Dirt certainly does add weight fast! Plus you get to shovel it out when you get to where your going, when you haul it like that!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Dirt certainly does add weight fast! Plus you get to shovel it out when you get to where your going, when you haul it like that!

rock is a lot like that as well. Last load of river rock I needed got delivered using the seller's truck not mine!

OP
OP
MT Hillbilly

MT Hillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I try to stay clear of rocks, they can certainly scratch the **** out of your bed and dent it even with you being careful! Of course... I haul fire wood so

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
02ramboi
I have never lifted a ram, do you notice it much when towing bumper trailer? I would think fifth wheel would be a lot different, but... other than issues of trying to get the trailer lvl notice much difference than from stock?
I have a hitch on mines so I don’t have to use my bumper and since it’s lifted I use a drop hitch so it levels out the trailer and I have heavy duty leaf springs and fox shocks back there so it doesn’t sag much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Well to be fair, I estimated that was about 2200lbs of dirt lol it was totally on the bump stops. I need new springs, shocks and probably helper bags soon
I see what demon Hemi is talking about how the tire look a bit forward but could be from being slammed with all that weight now that’s going to be on your mind until you get your truck back lmao

OP
OP
MT Hillbilly

MT Hillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a hitch on mines so I don’t have to use my bumper and since it’s lifted I use a drop hitch so it levels out the trailer and I have heavy duty leaf springs and fox shocks back there so it doesn’t sag much.

ya, I don't think one can actually get a bumper hitch, now days.. showing my age! but the trailers I still call bumper hitch instead of fifth wheel.. I was just wondering if there was more nose dive under hard braking, or perhaps nose raise under hard acceleration, due to the fact the truck is lifted.. or really any other thing very noticable one needs to look out for if he lifts his truck and pulls.

Tri-J

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
full

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
ya, I don't think one can actually get a bumper hitch, now days.. showing my age! but the trailers I still call bumper hitch instead of fifth wheel.. I was just wondering if there was more nose dive under hard braking, or perhaps nose raise under hard acceleration, due to the fact the truck is lifted.. or really any other thing very noticable one needs to look out for if he lifts his truck and pulls.
Ok yeah I understand usually if your suspension is good you wouldn’t as long as the weight your pulling isn’t really heavy. And the fact that I have upgraded heavy duty leaf springs helps a lot so say is very minimum.

OP
OP
MT Hillbilly

MT Hillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
nicolasbadran

Very nice truck, and looks like you might need it! You got me on the bottom, pic, I understand the cooler.. but gets pretty fuzzy trying to figure out what is going to happen under that!

Last edited:
OP
OP
MT Hillbilly

MT Hillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Recovering f150 and Toyota Hilux

9cf303c127ec7280d4d4e8e2afa803ec.jpg

Now THAT'S a bumper (in best Paul Hogan voice)
I see your missing a running light on passenger side, to keep from blinding oncoming traffic, or hit something? If the later, i sure feel sorry for IT! ;)

OP
OP
MT Hillbilly

MT Hillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

That is one way to keep from scratching your bed, but... doesn't it take for ever to clean that rug to the lvl it appears in this shot? And that is after you already had to load and unload it!

Tri-J

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
^I had 4 loads of this rock and concrete to haul off. I had a rubber bed mat before I installed the BedRug. When I hauled these loads, I threw the bed mat back on top.
After hauling off, I took the bed mat out which just left a bit of dirt and gravel. Vacuumed it up with the shop vac. Good as new!

OP
OP
MT Hillbilly

MT Hillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ah, yes, vacuum! I was envisioning 12 dollars in quarters, spraying, then its staying wet for a few days. Which would make dust stick to it which... Yes, Vacuuming WOULD be the way to go!!

Rugged

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is my ram’s daily duty pretty much. I take everything in and out of the truck at least twice a day lately.

26eed49a9e35af8aa5f3d098f0623c89.jpg

35’s don’t seem real practical but all out steep hills and driveways in NC are way easier to get up wet, dry, muddy, or even ice and snow covered with my mud tires. I can just creep up inclines now. Check the pic doesn’t do it justice but I can’t tell you how much easier it is.

48d525ac5b3697a5e8aac2109623a072.jpg

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi