po305

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D A

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Read through most of the search threads, but will seafoam work okay in a 2013 ram hemi? First remedy will be seafoam and high test gas.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
How many miles on plugs ? Any new ticking sounds ?

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
How do you know that you don't have a fouled spark plug, bad wire, coil pack or a bad injector for example? what makes you think seafoam is the solution ?

Seconded... before you start shoving chemicals into the tank, you might want to check and see if it's not something dumb-but-easily-remedied (and which would carry way less risk).

OP
OP
D

D A

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Most folks who ran the codes for me suggested bad gas/water-in-tank as first/ easiest test, then coil, then plug, etc, etc,. So did a couple of youtube videos. Are you saying I should start changing parts first?

OP
OP
D

D A

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
On a long hurricance-shortened road trip. I have 114K and truck was serviced at 90K with new plugs. FCA Diagnostics ran the day before trip with no codes.

OP
OP
D

D A

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
UPDATE - Tue 3 Sep
Chronology
- Left Destin Fl (filled tank) Thu to Mississippi
- Got CEL Sunday evening and PO305 Mon morning
- Added iso heet 1pm on Mon plus 11 Gal 93 octane ran down hiway about 8 miles@65 mph
- Tue morning headed to Texas; after first 3-4 miles CEL light gone and remained gone. Home now, no CEL, no rough idle, no code.