Po740 help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whiteloweredhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I had a torque converter installed early spring March of this year. Ran great till about a month ago. Issue I was having was at any speed 60+ my rpms would be at 2500+ if I gave it a little gas they would jump instantly to 3000+. CEL came on and threw the code po740 (tcc solenoid) I went ahead and replaced the “solenoid pack” changed fluid, filters ect. Put it all back together and still having same issue. So then I thought maybe the converter went bad. Took it out and shipped it to edge performance converters bc that’s where I bought it. Still had my warranty. They took it apart and said there is nothing wrong with it. Currently being shipped back. I’m stumped at this point and I don’t know what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Could be passages in the valve body/input shaft etc are blocked not allowing flow for the converter clutch.

OP
OP
Whiteloweredhemi

Whiteloweredhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Okay I’ll take a look at that. Anything will help. I’m leaning more on some kind of electrical issue. Bad wire or ground, loose wire somewhere, low ohms.