Poll- Would you buy a Ram again??

Would you buy a Ram again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markmiela

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Love my 14 tradesman but not the four recalls I have had since buying it a year and a half ago. I bought an extended warranty when purchasing the truck and hope I never have to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When it comes time to upgrade, I'd buy another one. Depending on what is available and price. I looked at several different brands before deciding on my Ram. Value and options and style at the time led to the Ram.

I have 2 older trucks for fun - a '71 Chevy C10 and a '73 Ford F100. Those are my hobby trucks.

Don Shilling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 345 ci
My '09 Hemi has a factory life time warranty. Considering all the electronics and gimmick features, I would ONLY trade up with another life time warranty. Otherwise I'll keep this one till I die!

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My '09 Hemi has a factory life time warranty. Considering all the electronics and gimmick features, I would ONLY trade up with another life time warranty. Otherwise I'll keep this one till I die!

Since you’ve had yours 10 years, hows that lifetime workin our for ya? I bout the lifetime MVP warranty with my 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

meedom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes I'm curious too, have you had to use that warranty for anything yet?

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let's just say,.....if my 2016 Ram Sport rcsb 4X4 got totaled, I would only be a little upset. lol I like the truck, but I am not in love with it. (I kinda miss my '05 GoMango Daytona 4X4 rcsb truck.)
I'd go a order myself a 2019 Raptor supercab for sure. I was behind one on the way home yesterday. Wow, that is a nice looking truck.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Raptors are great trucks, but you have the di turbo and I'm not sure that is where I'd go. Plus, you will have to come up with a boat load of money.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Raptors are great trucks, but you have the di turbo and I'm not sure that is where I'd go. Plus, you will have to come up with a boat load of money.
Not to mention I watched a review and for all of that cash it's rated to tow about what a pentastar tows. Payload of about 1200lbs, impressive hp & torque though

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
replaced under warranty:
Tranny
Rear end

Replaced on my dime:
A/C
Cam/Lifters

I've spent well over $10k to replace broken parts on my '09 RAM ($7K being the cam, head work, LT's, TC, etc).

I will still buy another RAM when I decide to get rid of this one... NO TIME SOON!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am a little bit of all of them. I bought my current truck the way I like it. I would love to have a newer truck and keep mine. And I would also like to have an old truck as a toy

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't understand. Can you please explain??

gofish101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Outdoorsman CC
Engine
5.7 hemi
A large percentage of 1/2 ton Ford trucks are having a frozen lock, freezing latch and doors not closing issue. This problem has been an issue since the 2015 redesign. When I traded mine in it had 3 recalls trying to fix those issues alone. From what I understand it still hasn't been fixed and the new Raptors are also experiencing these problems. The main reason for trading in my truck in Dec. was the uncertainty of not being able to get into the truck and if I did would it close and stay closed without using bungees. There was also 3 other outstanding recalls on the truck prior to trade in.

Some things I have noticed in the 2 months 2500 kilometers on the new Outdoorsman is the fit and finish is better than the Ford. The handling in the snow is far better than the Ford but it had a longer wheel base and didn't have an anti-slip differential, did have an electronic locker. The Ford in the winters always had about 400 lbs pee gravel in the bed, nothing in the Ram they both have the same tires Yokohama G015 Ford P Rated and Ram LT. The Ram feels more like a truck a little firmer ride. So far I feel more confident driving in adverse conditions maybe a new truck thing hard to say. The gas mileage on the Ford was better but didn't buy a truck for fuel economy.

To sum it all up very happy with the decision to get back into a Ram.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A large percentage of 1/2 ton Ford trucks are having a frozen lock, freezing latch and doors not closing issue. This problem has been an issue since the 2015 redesign. When I traded mine in it had 3 recalls trying to fix those issues alone. From what I understand it still hasn't been fixed and the new Raptors are also experiencing these problems. The main reason for trading in my truck in Dec. was the uncertainty of not being able to get into the truck and if I did would it close and stay closed without using bungees. There was also 3 other outstanding recalls on the truck prior to trade in.

Some things I have noticed in the 2 months 2500 kilometers on the new Outdoorsman is the fit and finish is better than the Ford. The handling in the snow is far better than the Ford but it had a longer wheel base and didn't have an anti-slip differential, did have an electronic locker. The Ford in the winters always had about 400 lbs pee gravel in the bed, nothing in the Ram they both have the same tires Yokohama G015 Ford P Rated and Ram LT. The Ram feels more like a truck a little firmer ride. So far I feel more confident driving in adverse conditions maybe a new truck thing hard to say. The gas mileage on the Ford was better but didn't buy a truck for fuel economy.

To sum it all up very happy with the decision to get back into a Ram.
True. I know about the frozen locks/open/close doors. That's a serious issue!! I think they have a TSB for that.
I was looking at 2019 model year, so I think the TSB's are down. I think I have like 4 or 5 on my 2016 Ram Sport 4X4, rcsb, which is very sad. lol
I didn't know about the Ram handling better in adverse conditions. That's actually very good to know. Living in the Northeast, that is the ONLY reason I have a truck as my daily driver, as much as I would rather have a car as a daily driver. My toy is a '13 Roush Stage 3, so I have my fun in a car, but that's awesome to hear about the Ram being better than a Ford in adverse driving conditions. This is my second Ram as well. I had an '05 Ram Daytona 4X4 in rcsb in the GoMango color. I miss that truck!
Thanks!

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you feel strongly about this...:rolleyes:

Why not?

The build quality is the lowest I’ve every seen. It’s been in the shop more than all my other vehicles combined. My ‘63 CJ-5 was more reliable. My fuel sending unit failed, was replaced, and the new unit failed 1/2 mile away from the dealer. High failure rate of this part was a known problem several years before my truck was built and still is an issue. A week later the pcm in the truck died. The dealer took almost two weeks to fix it. While it was in the shop I drove an F150 made the same year as my truck. After driving it for two weeks I knew why the ram is the lowest priced truck. I didn’t want to give up the Ford, but had to. I was issued a GMC to drive for work. It proved to be a better built truck too. The ram is the only truck that I’ve had to do anything with the suspension to handle the tools I carry for work. I had to put TufTruck springs in the rear so the truck didn’t sag under the weight that other brands don’t sag under. The brakes are less effective than the other brands of trucks I’ve driven. I fixed that when it was time to replace the brakes. Problems I didn’t notice during the test drive. It was my mistake for not doing research before buying the truck. If I had I would have found that when I bought it the ram had the lowest payload and towing capacity of any of the half ton trucks on the market. It performs good as a car with a bed on it, but as a truck that’s actually used as a truck it doesn’t.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
May I ask why?

Do you feel strongly about this...:rolleyes:

Why not?

The build quality is the lowest I’ve every seen. It’s been in the shop more than all my other vehicles combined. My ‘63 CJ-5 was more reliable. My fuel sending unit failed, was replaced, and the new unit failed 1/2 mile away from the dealer. High failure rate of this part was a known problem several years before my truck was built and still is an issue. A week later the pcm in the truck died. The dealer took almost two weeks to fix it. While it was in the shop I drove an F150 made the same year as my truck. After driving it for two weeks I knew why the ram is the lowest priced truck. I didn’t want to give up the Ford, but had to. I was issued a GMC to drive for work. It proved to be a better built truck too. The ram is the only truck that I’ve had to do anything with the suspension to handle the tools I carry for work. I had to put TufTruck springs in the rear so the truck didn’t sag under the weight that other brands don’t sag under. The brakes are less effective than the other brands of trucks I’ve driven. I fixed that when it was time to replace the brakes. Problems I didn’t notice during the test drive. It was my mistake for not doing research before buying the truck. If I had I would have found that when I bought it the ram had the lowest payload and towing capacity of any of the half ton trucks on the market. It performs good as a car with a bed on it, but as a truck that’s actually used as a truck it doesn’t.