Poll- Would you buy a Ram again??

Would you buy a Ram again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
So, theoretically, if RAM went to crap and were known as the worst on the market, youd still buy because of loyalty? Just a curve ball for you. This is my third FCA vehicle in a row so I am no stranger to brand loyalty, but doesnt mean things dont change

Nope, this is now. I’ve been Mopar or no car since 1997. If the brand went to hell in a hand basket I’d consider Ford moving forward, but I still wouldn’t sway away from a classic Power Pagon.

Last edited:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve been Mopar or no car since 1999 with no care to anything else but if Chrysler went to **** in a handbag, it’d have to get pretty bad for me to sway away but if it got to point, probably either Nissan or Toyota. I hope I never have to eat crow when I say I’ll never own a Phord product or a GM product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
All in all Rams are good trucks & have typically been the best bang for the buck and thats why I bought mine, not to mention the best looking truck out there. I had a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee & loved it. Sold it with 210,000 and still running strong when I bought my Ram. My wifes car is an '07 Pacifica ( not the minivan but the crossover) and its been good but has had a few issues. I'm glad I bought the lifetime added care on it. That warranty has paid for itself already and she only has 85000 miles on it.

So that said it will depend on how reliable the 5th gens are and it won't be as easy to buy without the lifetime warranty's. I sleep better at night with them.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
I have bought 6 Dodge/Ram trucks since 1986. The quality issues with exhaust leaks and valve train failures on the new generation trucks is unacceptable. If the recent changes that FCA made in management, result in effective focus on quality, I would repurchase. RAM value, styling and comfort is well above Ford and GM. But their assembly issues, parts quality issues and excessive recalls does not drive brand customer loyalty.

Rick A

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
I’ve been Mopar or no car since 1999 with no care to anything else but if Chrysler went to **** in a handbag, it’d have to get pretty bad for me to sway away but if it got to point, probably either Nissan or Toyota. I hope I never have to eat crow when I say I’ll never own a Phord product or a GM product.

Rick A

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
I just bought a 2017 Dodge Laramie last month. SO far I love the truck. Very comfortable. I traded in a 2018 Colorado with 4000 miles. Nothing but problems with the colorado. Dealer or GM could not fix the truck and would not give my money back. Never again buying a Chevy. They sell known defective trucks.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I just bought a 2017 Dodge Laramie last month. SO far I love the truck. Very comfortable. I traded in a 2018 Colorado with 4000 miles. Nothing but problems with the colorado. Dealer or GM could not fix the truck and would not give my money back. Never again buying a Chevy. They sell known defective trucks.

Why didn't you file a lemon law case?

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im on #3 1 3rd Gen 2006 Hemi 4x4 Trx, 2014 Bighorn Hemi 4x4, 2018 Sport Hemi 4x4. The 2018 should last me 5 years then onto the next one. I hope they have a body style change, going away from the big drop fenders does not make me happy.

Scott Nugent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have bought 6 Dodge/Ram trucks since 1986. The quality issues with exhaust leaks and valve train failures on the new generation trucks is unacceptable. If the recent changes that FCA made in management, result in effective focus on quality, I would repurchase. RAM value, styling and comfort is well above Ford and GM. But their assembly issues, parts quality issues and excessive recalls does not drive brand customer loyalty.

Scott Nugent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I really like my 2013, but have spent close to 3k on repairs not covered by warranty in 75,000 miles. I would have to buy a super warranty to buy another FCA product.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Water pump, front struts, shocks and rack and pinion . All failed out of warranty coverage.

Are you talking about just the factory 3 year, 36,000 mile and the 5 year, 60,000 mile powertrain warranty? If you are,
You’re well out of warranty coverage of just the factory warranty is all you had.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really like my 2013, but have spent close to 3k on repairs not covered by warranty in 75,000 miles. I would have to buy a super warranty to buy another FCA product.

It’s pretty sad that thing’s have gotten to where they are these days with pretty much any brand to where you just can’t rely on a factory warranty anymore but that’s why I bought the lifetime MVP warranty on my new 18. Just seemed to make sense since I have a highly technical air ride suspension system, and a transmission that has no maintenance schedule at all. Can’t even check the fluid in it....lol.

Scott Nugent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you talking about just the factory 3 year, 36,000 mile and the 5 year, 60,000 mile powertrain warranty? If you are,
You’re well out of warranty coverage of just the factory warranty is all you had.

Mine actually had the 100k powertrain. Ran out of months before miles. Struts, shocks and rack and pinion should not fail in the first 75k. Struts leaked at 55k and shocks at 60. Rack and pinion at 74k. I can handle the water pump.

Mine

rduchateau2954

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd buy another 4th gen.

At the very least wait and see what the 6th gens are like.

Rick A

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
I did file lemon law. Bought the truck in April 2018. took it back to dealer in June and told them air conditioner is icing up, four different dealers looked at it and said there is nothing they can do. They gave me a copy of a bulletin from GM stating there is no fix for this issue since 2015.
BBB said sorry, GM said sorry so I sued them and traded it in for a Ram. Was loyal to Chevy but never again. Today I went back to get my money back for the extended warranty. They made me wait 2 hours and then said sorry we have to take the other customers first. I told them 5 of them came in after me.
SO I sat down in the finance mgrs office and said I need one of your cards to give my lawyer. This is not acceptable. They sent me to another finance mgr in used cars and he took care of me. NEVER BUY A CHEVY AGAIN!

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I did file lemon law. Bought the truck in April 2018. took it back to dealer in June and told them air conditioner is icing up, four different dealers looked at it and said there is nothing they can do. They gave me a copy of a bulletin from GM stating there is no fix for this issue since 2015.
BBB said sorry, GM said sorry so I sued them and traded it in for a Ram. Was loyal to Chevy but never again. Today I went back to get my money back for the extended warranty. They made me wait 2 hours and then said sorry we have to take the other customers first. I told them 5 of them came in after me.
SO I sat down in the finance mgrs office and said I need one of your cards to give my lawyer. This is not acceptable. They sent me to another finance mgr in used cars and he took care of me. NEVER BUY A CHEVY AGAIN!
Thats how you have to handle jackasses like they evidentily have there.