Possible non-resistor LED fix for Rear lights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rixter99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 SRW
Engine
Cummins i6.7
Found this video that talks about connecting a green/white wire to ground to fix hyper-flashing after replacing rear light bulbs with LEDs...It mentions it's for 2015 Cab Chassis and instructions on what to do with 2014 models (around the 58 seconds mark)...

On my 2014 3500 SLT LWB SRW, I located the blunt cut green/white wire under the TIPM and followed the instructions...I disconnected the existing resistors, connected the green/white to body ground near the TIPM... I no longer receive the left/right turn signal out error message on the EVIC (also didn't receive error with resistors previously connected)...I used AlfaOBD to change to LEDs...

My rear blinkers still do not light up (flashers, brake, parking lights DO work) - which is what I was trying to resolve originally (no voltage at connectors on either side), when I ran across the video...

davidhiller666

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have Sylvania leds in my '14 1500 tails. Never installed resistors and just used Alpha to switch the setting to LED tails. Never had a problem with them.

Diller
'14 Outdoorsman

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Brian2081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello Rixter, just a hunch but check the wire harness where it runs around the front of the left front cab mount. You will need to pull the left front wheel well liner to get easier access. I found a chaffed through wire at this spot for my trailer lights.

OP
OP
rixter99

rixter99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 SRW
Engine
Cummins i6.7
Hello Rixter, just a hunch but check the wire harness where it runs around the front of the left front cab mount. You will need to pull the left front wheel well liner to get easier access. I found a chaffed through wire at this spot for my trailer lights.

Thx Brian...It is affecting both L/R turn signals...I'm trying to eliminate everything else before pulling that fender liner, but I'm probably at that point...

UnkoBro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Found this video that talks about connecting a green/white wire to ground to fix hyper-flashing after replacing rear light bulbs with LEDs...It mentions it's for 2015 Cab Chassis and instructions on what to do with 2014 models (around the 58 seconds mark)...

On my 2014 3500 SLT LWB SRW, I located the blunt cut green/white wire under the TIPM and followed the instructions...I disconnected the existing resistors, connected the green/white to body ground near the TIPM... I no longer receive the left/right turn signal out error message on the EVIC (also didn't receive error with resistors previously connected)...I used AlfaOBD to change to LEDs...

My rear blinkers still do not light up (flashers, brake, parking lights DO work) - which is what I was trying to resolve originally (no voltage at connectors on either side), when I ran across the video...
Do you have the link for this video? I don't see it on this post. Thank you in advance!

OP
OP
rixter99

rixter99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 SRW
Engine
Cummins i6.7
Do you have the link for this video? I don't see it on this post. Thank you in advance!
Sorry Dude - just saw this...Here's the link...Can't believe I didn't include the link originally...

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine