Potential safety issue with key fob and turning the engine off.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Exactly. And there wasnt a 2009 4th Gen Heavy Duty.

Good lord for the vehicle in question it is a 4th Gen. Who cares what Gen the truck was in 2009.

I think the main question posed was when were these fobs initially started which was back in 2009 for the Dodge Ram 1500s. He was simply correcting the OP as to when this type of ignition was in use for the Dodge Ram/Ram Trucks.

If you want to be insistent then yes in 2010 is when the 4th Gen heavy duty trucks switched over to this new ignition as they caught up with the 1500s.

Either way the point is they have been in use earlier than 2013.

SouthernBoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
are you arguing for sake of arguing?

No, not at all. If you wouldve said, "False. Ram has been using these fobs since 2009 on 1500s" then I wouldnt have said anything. I thought you were saying the 2009 HEAVY DUTY had a FOB. That is all.

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
You know this used to be the kinder gentler forum, touted for its helpfulness and kindness to others.

Not sure what is happening lately.

Just remember :love51: your brother.

With that :flipthebird: :roflsquared::favorites13:

RoadDog66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Man you guys are brutal :), i think the OP was just trying to help not get into a flame war.

Anyways I do think the key fob does turn pretty easily with light pressure in the ignition compared to other vehicles I've owned. Not necessarily a NHTSA issue, but still worth noting. And i completely get the "stop complaining about stuff" posts, just like the madness caused by the Toyota brake recall which ws primarily if not completely human error. But its also good info to know for people to learn things about prospective vehicles they might buy.

IMHO forums are for sharing info & for making your own decisions what to do with that info. Thanks OP.

Last edited: