Powder coated wheels??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjscharlotte

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi V8
Hey guys,
I have a 2017 1500 Limited and was looking for some wheels that I liked and that everyone and their brother didn’t have. I couldn’t find anything that really “jumped out at me”. I like the Limited wheel so I just had them powder coated black, left the silver accent and then put 35” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on them. Whatcha think??

upload_2021-5-20_13-36-18.jpeg

upload_2021-5-20_13-36-57.png

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks great!

I had mine PC'ed Brilliant Black Pearl to match my 2-Tone paint.

xyCeI4x.jpg

FKTknF6.jpg

The next time I have them off, I'll hit those center caps with some rattle can color match. I was in a hurry and had quite a few things going on when I got them back initially from the coating shop so I didn't get to it. It's always bothered me that they're just a little off.

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yours looks way better than mine

This was supposed to look like srt wheel according to manufacture.

Ended up clearcoating with 2k paint as well.8f6b668850d8ece0a08df61d2ec4ca0b.jpg

OP
OP
mjscharlotte

mjscharlotte

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi V8
Looks great!

xyCeI4x.jpg

FKTknF6.jpg

The next time I have them off, I'll hit those center caps with some rattle can color match. I was in a hurry and had quite a few things going on when I got them back initially from the coating shop so I didn't get to it. It's always bothered me that they're just a little off.
Looks great!

xyCeI4x.jpg

FKTknF6.jpg

I like the pearl in yours. Looks like it’s really close match to the body

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Hey guys,
I have a 2017 1500 Limited and was looking for some wheels that I liked and that everyone and their brother didn’t have. I couldn’t find anything that really “jumped out at me”. I like the Limited wheel so I just had them powder coated black, left the silver accent and then put 35” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on them. Whatcha think??

View attachment 248054

View attachment 248055

I'm being completely honest with my response and I mean no offense with my opinion on the wheels. Up close I like it! I think it's very unique. Far away.... first impression, they look like hubcaps. :33: I've looked at the pic 10+ times with the same knee jerk reaction.
The all black like @Plankton would be the way to go. :)

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine started out as silver/black Rebel rims but they looked too much like a flower. Not that flowers are bad n'kay, I just don't want em on my wheels.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want to powder coat my AEV wheels but AEV says not to they only recommend wet painting.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I want to powder coat my AEV wheels but AEV says not to they only recommend wet painting.

Recommending doesn't mean don't do it. It's more like we aren't sure how it will turn out so we don't recommend it

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Recommending doesn't mean don't do it. It's more like we aren't sure how it will turn out so we don't recommend it
Please note: As a general safety precaution, AEV does not recommend powder coating aluminum wheels. The heat range and duration of the powder coating process may overlap the heat treating and aging of cast or forged aluminum wheels. For this reason, powder coated wheels will not be covered under AEV’s lifetime structural warranty. All repairs and/or color changes should utilize automotive type liquid paint.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Please note: As a general safety precaution, AEV does not recommend powder coating aluminum wheels. The heat range and duration of the powder coating process may overlap the heat treating and aging of cast or forged aluminum wheels. For this reason, powder coated wheels will not be covered under AEV’s lifetime structural warranty. All repairs and/or color changes should utilize automotive type liquid paint.

And that's what they are doing. Covering their ass on a warranty.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would powder coat them in a heart beat. Thats the only way to go!

OP
OP
mjscharlotte

mjscharlotte

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi V8
I'm being completely honest with my response and I mean no offense with my opinion on the wheels. Up close I like it! I think it's very unique. Far away.... first impression, they look like hubcaps. :33: I've looked at the pic 10+ times with the same knee jerk reaction.

Damn You LOL - now I can't unsee what you see :(

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

At a distance i see the 5 point star.