Power Fold Tow Mirrors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muddy13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I have the push button power fold in mirrors in my truck and was thinking about puttin on the tow mirrors but was wondering if they would work with the power fold in because it actually comes in handy more times than you would think... Anyone have any input on this or have done it themselves? Thanks in advance

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
No power fold for tow mirrors, there were some aftermarket mirrors that were selling, but after a member on here bought a set and ran for a week or so they quit folding in and out. They have since pulled them and are rethinking them now.

matt.davidson09

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 RAM 2500 Laramie Mega Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
No power fold for tow mirrors, there were some aftermarket mirrors that were selling, but after a member on here bought a set and ran for a week or so they quit folding in and out. They have since pulled them and are rethinking them now.

2500 Laramie comes stock with power folding tow mirrors.

Edit: maybe they don't come as a stock/base option; but they are definitely an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matt.davidson09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Really!? News to me then, everyone asks about them, but was always told no. I rescind my comment...

Sent From The Automotive Proof S5

Unless the dealer salesperson I asked is misinformed, can't really promise you that they weren't.

You can also search car buying sites/apps for 2500 +Laramie trim and see the power folding button/tow mirror combo. Wouldn't think that would be a ghost button on the arm control? I don't own one so I'm no expert; just passing along what I've learned in my search as well.

OP
OP
M

Muddy13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What was the part number for them and yes please do a write up in how you installed them... I'm very very interested in it

matt.davidson09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
What was the part number for them and yes please do a write up in how you installed them... I'm very very interested in it

Part number 68142673AD driver side and 68142672AF passenger side. I think there are several how-to's on this site for the install. Here is a youtube video for 09-13 trucks, not sure what changes from '13 to current year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qDVGpX3Oqk

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My 2014 2500 came with power fold sport mirrors. The dealer added power fold tow mirrors to the truck and they work fine.

OP
OP
M

Muddy13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Part number 68142673AD driver side and 68142672AF passenger side. I think there are several how-to's on this site for the install. Here is a youtube video for 09-13 trucks, not sure what changes from '13 to current year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qDVGpX3Oqk

And these are the part number for power fold in and out right not just power movement of the actual mirror

matt.davidson09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Got the power fold to work on one of my tow mirrors. The differentiator is having a baby blue and yellow wire in the wiring harness. Don't know what this does; but the first mirror I installed didn't have it and it didn't fold; the second one had it and folds just like it should.

Last edited:

Airborne63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you check to see if the one that didn't work was the corect mirror?

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Muddy13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cool good to hear you got everything up and running... Now makes me wanna do it... Where'd you buy them from? eBay?

kberg43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel

Matt,

Are you 100% certain these are power fold? I cannot find anything online to verify and have spoken to various people on eBay who are selling them and they (of course) don't know if they are power-folding or not.

The reason I ask is typically for dodge mirrors (i've owned several and swapped mirror before) left and right side mirrors either have 1 numerical digit difference, or one letter difference. 73AD/72AD or 73AF/73AD. The combination you show has both numeric and letter differences.

Just looking for clarification before I end up spending $600+ dollars on OEM mirrors. A1auto used to have these aftermarket but they've been "fixing" the power-fold motor issue for going on 2 months now. I simply cannot tow my trailers without towing mirrors any longer and power fold is a must for me.

Thanks!

Kevin

matt.davidson09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins

Matt,

Are you 100% certain these are power fold? I cannot find anything online to verify and have spoken to various people on eBay who are selling them and they (of course) don't know if they are power-folding or not.

The reason I ask is typically for dodge mirrors (i've owned several and swapped mirror before) left and right side mirrors either have 1 numerical digit difference, or one letter difference. 73AD/72AD or 73AF/73AD. The combination you show has both numeric and letter differences.

Just looking for clarification before I end up spending $600+ dollars on OEM mirrors. A1auto used to have these aftermarket but they've been "fixing" the power-fold motor issue for going on 2 months now. I simply cannot tow my trailers without towing mirrors any longer and power fold is a must for me.

Thanks!

Kevin

Yeah I was bitten once by an uninformed seller already; those are the wrong numbers. In the picture above you can see the correct number for the driver side is 68230831AB; unsure what the passenger side is. Still trying to figure that out.

Edit: passenger side part number 68230830AB/AC/AD

Unsure what the B, C, or D mean...

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Yeah I was bitten once by an uninformed seller already; those are the wrong numbers. In the picture above you can see the correct number for the driver side is 68230831AB; unsure what the passenger side is. Still trying to figure that out.

The last 2 letters are typically just slight revisions/manufacturing runs and should all be effectively the same part.

Sent from my LG G4 on Tapatalk.

Airborne63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Did you have to get the door modules as well? If so do you have those part numbers?