Power Problem. PCM Related?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyler Kane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 1997 dodge ram was originally a 1500 and i dana 60 swapped the whole truck but thats besides the point. I 5 speed swapped the truck with an NV3500 it has a NP231 transfer case. I just bought a new to me one as i snapped something inside of it causing the truck to act like the clutch was depressed. that fixed the problem and i got the truck moving again but its still doing this bucking and loss of power thing just like prior to the transfer case going. i wanna say i bought a faulty transfer case but it almost sounds like a misfire when this randomly happens. if i put the pedal to the floor it gets its power back but when its 1/4-1/2 it happens and it only happens about 60% of the time i drive it. I have a P1763 code which is the governor sensor voltage to high to the PCM. So my question is do i have to get the PCM flashed? Where can i have it done and has anyone else had this happen to them with a 5 speed swap

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
1. What did you do wiring wise when you swapped the transmission?
2. You are able to drive a manual right? I don't mean this condescendingly but if you're pretty new to it, you may simply be not very good at it.