Power Wagon has a virus?

Mod your truck more or less during lock down

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
With my county on lock down, now I have been thinking/looking for county or state that I can visit/off-road in. For those of you that still have you job and/or money. And those of you that have a lot of extra time on your hands, I was wondering if/are/will be modding your rig during this time of “lock down”?

I finally add the second tank to my on-board air. I plan on using recovery bags instead of the Hi lift jack and the bag will required a lot of air. Now I need to find the right bags(and a trail to get stuck on)

If you have something you are adding to your PW, post it here.

Stay Healthy!!

5A99D645-B1CB-49B8-B3D5-446A4FF6444B.jpeg

Last edited:

ALRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We’re on the same page! I made sure I had some things to do and adding to the PW was on the list. My profession has been deemed “essential” so I’m still at work but have the Abel locker bypass and sway bar disconnect at home waiting on me. I put air bags on last weekend.

OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
We’re on the same page! I made sure I had some things to do and adding to the PW was on the list. My profession has been deemed “essential” so I’m still at work but have the Abel locker bypass and sway bar disconnect at home waiting on me. I put air bags on last weekend.
Which bags did you go with? Air bags are on my list. I saved @olyelr post on the “how to”. Not sure if I will have as many drinks as he did during the install though.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Most of my mods are done at this point.

I am driving it less than I was before the social distancing and lockdown actions were mandated.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve slowed down the pace of mods for several reasons.

Travel is not a good idea, so for now the challenging trails I mod for are pushed back.

Got plenty of more timely projects, like upgrades to site security, so to speak.

Money is not a problem, but it occurs to me that keeping my mad money powder dry might yield some benefits later in the year as others do run into money issues. I don’t mean to sound predatory, but we’re about to see the best buyer’s market in decades on “toys” as people sell off things that are fun to own but not necessary. Maybe I’ll get a deal on a Challenger...

OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
LOL! I'll bite... here comes the worst mod ever....

10 dollar 2x8 to keep **** from sliding to the front of the bed. just waiting for it to shrink so that it fits

View attachment 200379
It counts. “Might qualify for the worst mod ever” ... we will see what this thread produces

OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine

Travel is not a good idea, so for now the challenging trails I mod for are pushed back.

Got plenty of more timely projects, like upgrades to site security, so to speak.

Money is not a problem, but it occurs to me that keeping my mad money powder dry might yield some benefits later in the year as others do run into money issues. I don’t mean to sound predatory, but we’re about to see the best buyer’s market in decades on “toys” as people sell off things that are fun to own but not necessary. Maybe I’ll get a deal on a Challenger...
This thread could show up some of those deals or things others bought off someone that needed the cash instead of the (bumper, tool box, lights...).

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought the decked system and the softopper due to this virus. If I need to head to my cabin in the woods I don’t want anyone’s seeing what’s in the bed/ it’s necessary since everything will fly out do to the loss in bed depth with the drawers. Lol

I also added my PA/ siren system back into the truck. Good for moving stupid people out of the way in a hurry.

I do plan to add lights soon. Virus around these parts is pretty intense. I’m blessed we are able to be in the woods for the most parts of the day with my kids to keep them busy. Not a person in site thankfully. Everything else is closed. I feel bad for people that aren’t in my position and stuck inside. Extremely difficult. Green space is important!

OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I bought the decked system and the softopper due to this virus. If I need to head to my cabin in the woods I don’t want anyone’s seeing what’s in the bed/ it’s necessary since everything will fly out do to the loss in bed depth with the drawers. Lol

I also added my PA/ siren system back into the truck. Good for moving stupid people out of the way in a hurry.

I do plan to add lights soon. Virus around these parts is pretty intense. I’m blessed we are able to be in the woods for the most parts of the day with my kids to keep them busy. Not a person in site thankfully. Everything else is closed. I feel bad for people that aren’t in my position and stuck inside. Extremely difficult. Green space is important!
I like the PA. I did air horns.

OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I got one for Jeff Foxworthy.

might be a Redneck if you spend your whole stimulations check on mods for your PW (truck) haha. I should start a new thread next week when people start getting them.
not sayin’ it would not help the economy.... but will be interesting to see how many of us do spend the money on our trucks.

ALRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Which bags did you go with? Air bags are on my list. I saved @olyelr post on the “how to”. Not sure if I will have as many drinks as he did during the install though.
I went with the Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 Ultimate. Super easy to install. There is a bracket holding the lower portion down to the axle. I could see this being an issue for the rock climbers but shouldn’t be for me. I’m goi g to put some lock tight the bolts and cut the excess off.

D6E78E6F-A998-47A8-B9C0-A55B294BDD85.jpeg

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went with the Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 Ultimate. Super easy to install. There is a bracket holding the lower portion down to the axle. I could see this being an issue for the rock climbers but shouldn’t be for me. I’m goi g to put some lock tight the bolts and cut the excess off.

View attachment 200410
Would love to have this same set up. One price at a time though. This quarantine has cost a lot so far lol

ALRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I got a great deal on my boat during the last recession!
Would love to have this same set up. One price at a time though. This quarantine has cost a lot so far lol
Save that money. Just hook anything big up to that Cummins 3500 that matches your PW. That’s a towing beast!