Power Wagon oversized replacement gas tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I't won't matter. Once the internal combustion engine is outlawed, which could be sooner than we think, they'll go the way of Dodo bird and only collectors will have them stored in a facility and can only take them out and drive around on a closed track and gas, if any is available, will cost hundreds or more a gallon.

UTAHPWRWGN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I't won't matter. Once the internal combustion engine is outlawed, which could be sooner than we think, they'll go the way of Dodo bird and only collectors will have them stored in a facility and can only take them out and drive around on a closed track and gas, if any is available, will cost hundreds or more a gallon.

Derp

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
anybody try getting a replacement tank passed in california? still looking at having this done at some point

Not yet, it’s a hell of an investment to buy one and see if it actually works. What ****** me off is you can option a new truck with 50 gallons

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L 4x4
Amsoil SS 0W-40

OP
OP
hbleconey

hbleconey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Not yet, it’s a hell of an investment to buy one and see if it actually works. What ****** me off is you can option a new truck with 50 gallons

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L 4x4
Amsoil SS 0W-40

exactly, there has to be a way to make this work

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well if we get another stimmy I might just use it. LoL if the wife doesn’t take it all first

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L 4x4
Amsoil SS 0W-40

OP
OP
hbleconey

hbleconey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
You can't even buy them, Mopar Parts has them on backorder with no estimate as to when they will be produced again.

you mean buying the 50 gallon OEM? I think thats only for the long bed. I think you just need to buy an S&B tank and figure the evap

UTAHPWRWGN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
you mean buying the 50 gallon OEM? I think thats only for the long bed. I think you just need to buy an S&B tank and figure the evap

That's a massive undertaking. You'd be better off trying to make one of the spare tire mount Land Cruiser aux tanks from LRA work. At least then it's just a fitment issue and not an evap thing.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I hadnt thought about the liability in an accident...30 gallons is gonna be a big kaboom either way, not another 20 really changes it?

gas tanks don't go kaboom. at least not in any of the car fires I've been at. They burn until the fuel is gone.

gruntdog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I showed my brother this thread. He just bought a 20 Tradesman non Power Wagon. He was told the tank does not exist until he showed them the mopar link from this thread. He has called 6 dealerships now about this tank and no one will touch it. Only one dealership told him they would try to install it but if it didnt work he would get no refund on labor or the tank which I would understand. Like you say the tank is on backorder. I find it odd that its a Mopar product saying it will fit but no one can give you a straight answer.

Mark M D

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 Gasoline
Me too!
2018 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
Seems like there is a lot of room along both doors, underneath...Mopar or Ram don't make an larger accessory tank???

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
so looking on line for gas tanks reveal tanks for different makes and models of vehicles I think a gas tank for a chevy blazer might work in the stock spare tire space with removal of the tire mount and a custom bracket the space is approx 36x30 the tanks are only a couple hundred bucks they also make universal ones that could work