PPE transmission oil pan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone tried these? They look to be legit and fit on 2013-2018 Ram 1500 ZF 8HP70 Transmission V6, V8 and Eco Diesel.

Pricey but if you only need to buy it once, might not be a bad idea. I'm interested in the extra 2quart capacity as well as added cooling using aluminum and heatsinks fins.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Has anyone tried these? They look to be legit and fit on 2013-2018 Ram 1500 ZF 8HP70 Transmission V6, V8 and Eco Diesel.

Pricey but if you only need to buy it once, might not be a bad idea. I'm interested in the extra 2quart capacity as well as added cooling using aluminum and heatsinks fins.

I have one.It's a heavy duty pan.I have a buddy with one on his lifted/big tire/3.21 geared truck,and we both figure the pan helps keep the tranny temp a couple degree's cooler,but it seems to keep the temp stabilized a little better.If you have the stock Y pipe under the transmission,you might have to have an muffler shop tweak it slightly for clearance.Some guys have clearance with the stock Y,but there's also a couple guys who've had to have the Y pipe tweaked,seems to be no rhyme or reason to it,lol.

clint440

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So if I understand correctly it comes with a filter? The OE pan and filter is expensive so this might be a good investment as well?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
So if I understand correctly it comes with a filter? The OE pan and filter is expensive so this might be a good investment as well?

Unless somethings changed from when I bought mine a year ago,it should come with a filter.

OP
OP
Gero

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What do you mean by manipulating the Ypipe? Can you recall what exactly is needed?

The mopar unit is crazy expensive.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
What do you mean by manipulating the Ypipe? Can you recall what exactly is needed?

The mopar unit is crazy expensive.

I'm just reporting what some guys have said,but i'm guessing the Y pipe had to be moved down slightly.I run JBA long tube headers and their Y pipe,so my PPE pan had no issues.It's only a couple guys on facebook who've had to have the Y reworked,but apparently it's nothing a muffler shop can't do fairly easily.

OP
OP
Gero

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the info!
Sucks that the ypipe has to be modified but sound like it's worth it.

Install the new pan and fluid and drive to the muffler shop with a loud ram

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thanks for the info!
Sucks that the ypipe has to be modified but sound like it's worth it.

Install the new pan and fluid and drive to the muffler shop with a loud ram

Might as well get rid of the crush joint where the 2 pipes merge into 1 pipe while you're at it.If you look close at your Y pipe where the pipes merge,you'll see the crossover pipe is just about crushed flat.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Looks like a nice option for the 8spds. Should be an easy fit for the 8HP45 in the Pentastar powered Rams because there's no exhaust in the way at all. It's always good to have more fluid holding capacity. In terms of this allowing the unit to run cooler, maybe during the most extremes of use. Other than that, the fluid heater and cooler will do it's thing to maintain ~185F ATF temp.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Looks like a nice option for the 8spds. Should be an easy fit for the 8HP45 in the Pentastar powered Rams because there's no exhaust in the way at all. It's always good to have more fluid holding capacity. In terms of this allowing the unit to run cooler, maybe during the most extremes of use. Other than that, the fluid heater and cooler will do it's thing to maintain ~185F ATF temp.

Do the 8HP45 and the 8HP70 use the same pan?. The PPE pan fits the 3.0 EcoDiesal,but it uses the 8HP70,i thought the 8HP45 used a different pan,but I could be wrong as I've never actually looked at the lighter duty 8HP45 behind a Pentastar.

Edit: I went and looked at Canadian Diesals site,and it looks like it should fit the 8HP45,as they also list it as fitting the V6 tranny.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
Might as well get rid of the crush joint where the 2 pipes merge into 1 pipe while you're at it.If you look close at your Y pipe where the pipes merge,you'll see the crossover pipe is just about crushed flat.

yeah i cant believe the setup. the more i get involved with this truck the more things i see need attention. using up my mod money.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
yeah i cant believe the setup. the more i get involved with this truck the more things i see need attention. using up my mod money.

Set of Long tube headers and corresponding Y pipe to go with them,will cure a lot of the stock exhausts issues,lol