Pricing (during shutdown) on 2020 EcoDiesel Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMVANMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Pentastar
I am looking to get a 2020 Limited Ecodiesel as soon as I can . I am in a state with closed dealerships and I am essential worker so we are allowed to purchase. Are the dealerships takning orders (mine is likely a factory order unless we can find something close)? It is hard to get much info from them now.

Anyway, I have purchased 2 Ram Vans using Friends and Family Pricing plus deducting current rebates. Can I do a lot better? I am not into too much purchasing hassel and have been fine with my past deals. I turn down all extras from the closer and usually don't need long financing (I could pay cash but
will sometimes borrow for 3-6 months if the dealer gives me a lower net price to capture their finance kickback).

I keep hearing $10K under MSRP around the forum. Is that a ton better than Friend and Family rate from Ram.

I have bought my last 4 pickups by just offering a certain amount under invoice. I never talk the final number as I don't care as long as it is relative to invoice price. That way not confused by the actual equipment on the truck they find me. If I go Invoice Minus $ route....what is good for an EcoDiesel Limited? My experience also shows that it is a little harder to deal on diesels...even in 2008 when they had to close the truck plants.

Thanks in advance.. Be nice I am a rookie at the forum.

RAMVANMAN

Last edited:

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Was at the dealership this morning checking out a 2020 Laramie Ecodiesel and the best they could do was $9531 off on a $53,815 MSRP. I would assume they could do better on a Limited or Laramie Longhorn but the rebates are less on those models.

The Sales Manager claimed the rebates were not that great right now and that was the best with dealer discount they could do.

OP
OP
R

RAMVANMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Pentastar
Was at the dealership this morning checking out a 2020 Laramie Ecodiesel and the best they could do was $9531 off on a $53,815 MSRP. I would assume they could do better on a Limited or Laramie Longhorn but the rebates are less on those models.

The Sales Manager claimed the rebates were not that great right now and that was the best with dealer discount they could do.
That is better than I could expect to do. About 17% off MSRP. How does one do that? I imagine rebates currently top out at $1000-$2000. I would not do any financing that would lower largest possible rebate amount. The MSRP on the builds I would consider are 58,000 to 63,000. Probably a factory order as there a not a lot of EcoDiesel Limiteds that close to what I want out there yet. Is ordering from stock (or trade stock from other dealers) better pricing than ordering a factory build? In the past I was always able to have a dealer locate me something close.

TimboRam77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is better than I could expect to do. About 17% off MSRP. How does one do that? I imagine rebates currently top out at $1000-$2000. I would not do any financing that would lower largest possible rebate amount. The MSRP on the builds I would consider are 58,000 to 63,000. Probably a factory order as there a not a lot of EcoDiesel Limiteds that close to what I want out there yet. Is ordering from stock (or trade stock from other dealers) better pricing than ordering a factory build? In the past I was always able to have a dealer locate me something close.
Hi from the gas side. Previous cummins owner looking at ordering an ecodiesel. Would like an answer to ordering vs lot buy discounts.

OP
OP
R

RAMVANMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Pentastar
We ordered as there where so few if no Limited Eco-D's on the lots. We found the discount we got to be acceptable. My guess is ordering better as they may want to sell the one on the lot to someone who has to have it now and pay more.
There where so many heavy duty cummins on the lot I went to, they where willing to really deal on those.

I was able to get the Eco for under dealer invoice and received $4,000 in rebates after that. Still cost more than the Porsche Macan I really wanted to buy. I never calculated what that was under MSRP as I never consider MSRP...only a price relative to Invoice. I could go back and look, but my guess I was somewhere around 10-12% under MSRP.

The new Ram cost well over double what my 2008 Toyota Tundra cost me new. There was a $6500 in rebates on the Tundra as I bought it during the last recession and truck plant shutdowns. I am now selling it for 30% less than I paid for it after 12 years. I have no hopes of doing that well with resale on a RAM...no offense.

Last edited:

JStulting

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodeisel
Huntington Beach Ram in California. By far the best and only dealership I ever deal with. Got my eco 12k under sticker and less the dealer add-ons. they sell too many vehicles to not drop their prices significantly. they can give you a drive off document to save you the California registration fees and register in your state.