Priorities

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
How do you rank these upgrades

Thuren overland kit
Save for the overland extreme kit
White knuckle sliders
Just spacers and add 37s

If you have experience with the thuren and towing 9k let me know. No offense but for this I only want facts not what folks read. Thanks

Last edited:

Silverback

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Sliders.. I always pick armor before any lift or tire and wheel upgrade. Because once you lift it and stuff some bigger tires you will want to take it out see what it can do. Depends on where you live and how you wheel. But around here its rocks.. and they don't give. So armor is first. I've done it this way with my other vehicles and saved "most" sheetmetal.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sliders.. I always pick armor before any lift or tire and wheel upgrade. Because once you lift it and stuff some bigger tires you will want to take it out see what it can do. Depends on where you live and how you wheel. But around here its rocks.. and they don't give. So armor is first. I've done it this way with my other vehicles and saved "most" sheetmetal.
Good advice.

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
All depends on what you want to do with the truck.

For an off-road truck, protection first. The PW is capable enough to do a lot of damage in stock trim. Then suspension to address what issues you find with the stock suspension. You don’t need to put an inch of lift on the truck to fit 37s, and no suspension changes affect tire clearance until you lower the bump stops (4”+ lift territory).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
How do you rank these upgrades

Thuren overland kit
Save for the overland extreme kit
White knuckle sliders
Just spacers and add 37s

If you have experience with the thuren and towing 9k let me know. No offense but for this I only want facts not what folks read. Thanks
Non “pw” here but have Thuren. I hauled 16” flatbed about 6k lbs and it sagged. I did install timbrens and it def kept her more level..... but after about 6hrs my back was screaming. Haven’t towed since and timbrens are removed. Love the kit although I can’t speak to what a pw rides like. It’s a HUGE improvement over stock on a regular 2500. I have overland kit with added rear track bar. Next is the sway bar. I just removed my amp steps and am about to order white knuckle sliders. Honestly if you wanna go out and do it all ya need it all lol. I’m progressively getting tougher and tougher and having a blast. Hope this helps from a non pw guy haha :happy160:

BEERMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered sliders from WK (BTW from order to delivery took about 3 months) & purchased 37's and rims with +18mm offset. IMO I didn't want to mess with spacers on a truck this heavy. I'm probably going to do the King 2.0 Extreme Thuren when I have an extra 3.5k or so laying around. Sliders getting Line-X'd now. :cheers:

X4RHLLk

P. Wagon.jpeg
a>

JimfromAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered sliders from WK (BTW from order to delivery took about 3 months) & purchased 37's and rims with +18mm offset. IMO I didn't want to mess with spacers on a truck this heavy. I'm probably going to do the King 2.0 Extreme Thuren when I have an extra 3.5k or so laying around. Sliders getting Line-X'd now. :cheers:

X4RHLLk

View attachment 163876
a>

Awesome!!! The bronze wheels look great. I like ko2's as an A/T option

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L

X4RHLLk

View attachment 163876
a>

Line-X on sliders is a mistake if you intend to ever really use them. If they’re expensive, burly steps for you, then go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Exactly. Just rattle can them. Or do powdercoat, and rattle can touchup when needed.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Exactly. Just rattle can them. Or do powdercoat, and rattle can touchup when needed.
Exactly. Line-X’d sliders look terrible once’s they’ve been actually used a single time. The liner can’t hold up to that much punishment.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Exactly. Line-X’d sliders look terrible once’s they’ve been actually used a single time. The liner can’t hold up to that much punishment.

I think its lowsky who has posted some pics of his linexed ones... they look like ****!

Makes me not whine about the zillions of little rust spots starting on my powdercoated wk sliders. I mean they have been through 3 winters now, so I kind of expect that.

BEERMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
wow touchy subject lol... Maybe you guys are good with that, but I am in snow/rain a lot. The sliders I have had on past vehicles that are just powdercoated are really slippery. I'll wheel this truck, but not bashing it up by any means. I have a SXS for that worth 1/6th of this truck.
:happy160:

also.. my line-x guy is sweet and will touch them up for free.

Back to priorities.....Do whatever you want.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
wow touchy subject lol... Maybe you guys are good with that, but I am in snow/rain a lot. The sliders I have had on past vehicles that are just powdercoated are really slippery. I'll wheel this truck, but not bashing it up by any means. I have a SXS for that worth 1/6th of this truck.
:happy160:

also.. my line-x guy is sweet and will touch them up for free.

Back to priorities.....Do whatever you want.

Its not a touchy subject (not for me anyway lol)... just facts. Trying to help another guy out, thats all. Heres the pic I was talking about. Fact is, if they get used they are gonna look like this. For a guy that can get free linex touchups that may be just fine.

5F30B836-D92F-4BF0-AC5A-5F446E164067.jpeg

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And yes, my powdercoated wk sliders are slippery as hell. Looking to remedy that with some grip tape possibly, or even a gritty paint on the top.

3TV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Priorities:
1) 37's without spacers
2) Sliders
3) Bed rack
4) clamshell style RTT/other overlanding gear

MDethloff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If you tow 9k you need to know what your tongue weight is, at that size trailers can vary a lot especially with full water tanks.

Do the thuren rear trackbar 100%, anything else is preference. You don’t need Boogie Bumps if you aren’t hitting your bump stops. They’re amazing if you are. You don’t need rock sliders if you aren’t doing trails that demand them. Good suspension will be with you every mile you drive.

If you want thurens shocks you gotta swap the rear coils out to his, and they are softer. I think whatever your tongue weight is, you’re probably looking st needing Timbrens or air bags (I recommend AirLift 5000 which have internal bumps). If you have rear airbags you don’t need rear boogies. Front boogies make the biggest difference anyways *if you’re hitting your bump stops*

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I never thought about it quite like that, Marcus (about the suspension being used 100% of the time, yet rock sliders maybe never). Makes complete sense though!

OP
OP
Meister

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
For what it's worth 9k is loaded with water and tongue weight is right at about 1k

m25443

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think its lowsky who has posted some pics of his linexed ones... they look like ****!

Makes me not whine about the zillions of little rust spots starting on my powdercoated wk sliders. I mean they have been through 3 winters now, so I kind of expect that.

Instead of painting those rust spots, just use some rust converter. Most brands turn black and look like black paint. Also act as a primer so you can paint right over it.

-Mike

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Instead of painting those rust spots, just use some rust converter. Most brands turn black and look like black paint. Also act as a primer so you can paint right over it.

-Mike

Thanks for the heads up :cheers: