Problem connecting to AlfaODB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike_Rut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
I have the 2021 bighorn quad cab that I just installed the brake controller on. Using the KAODtech bypass cable and odblink MX+ connector.

When I bring up alfaodb and try to connect, it initially connects then shows a dialog box saying it can't confirm connection and then disconnects. Can't get it to stay connected. Am I choosing the wrong items in the dropdown?

Connection Error.PNG

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Your truck doesn’t have a TIPM. Should be selecting the powernet options.

OP
OP
M

Mike_Rut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Hmm. Referring to another thread about the brake controller it says to choose the Central Gateway module. Maybe that isn't for a 1500?

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Try the powernet options. You’re not gonna hurt anything.

OP
OP
M

Mike_Rut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
I finally got it installed and the options enabled but when I try pulling the camper and setting the controller, I have it on 10 and it still isn't stopping the trailer when you squeeze the paddles. I can hear the brakes come on with the paddles but when I apply truck brakes they don't sound like they are coming on at all. Tried it on light electric and heavy electric without much difference.