AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RollinCoal02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Wondering if anyone can help me out with an alpha obd problem. When I got the AlphaOBD and MX+ I started going through all of the parameters and saw you could change the cruise speed. So I tried changing it to 100. Thinking 100 mph. It ended up changing the max allowable speed in the program to 100 KPH setting the max cruise at 62mph on the truck now I cant change it back to 85 mph. Can anyone help me?

2014 Ram 6.7 cummins

RollinCoal02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
wish it was that easy the program wont allow me to change it back

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
wish it was that easy the program wont allow me to change it back
Then you are likely doing something wrong. I have never found anything in the program that is not reversible. It is sometimes long and drawn out, but I have always been able to put things back to base setting. It often takes more than a couple of drive cycles for some changes to take. Hopefully you listened to the basic entry level instructions when you downloaded the application and copied all of your base settings BEFORE you started changing things.

Last edited:

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Like Dean2 said, programming changes aren’t always instantaneous. Sometimes it takes hours before it shows. Sometimes it takes a couple of drive cycles. Some things are instantaneous but not everything. I have never found any changes to be permanent.

Mopar1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So. Fun fact. I just installed the bypass harness. The reprogram worked like a charm. I guess the HPTuners bypass doesn’t include the bcm. And just the harness doesn’t allow the tick to be reprogrammed.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just ran AlfaOBD for your 2019, is says you can reset the VIN, but need to "Use the MS-CAN blue adapter". I believe this applies to not all OBDII interface modules.

AlfaOBD states:

3. Colored adapters

An additional adapter or set of adapters may be needed depending on the car model / production year and the OBD interface used.

For the recommended OBD interface and adapter options for a particular vehicle model see Supported Vehicles

On its selection screen, the AlfaOBD app displays the type of the adapter to plug into the car OBD socket and the suggested OBD interface to connect to the selected control module. Also, the app displays the "Connect adapter..." message before attempting to connect to the control module.
Note: No "blue" adapter needed when using OBDLink MX+ / EX, ELS27, Vgate vLinker FD / FD+ / MC / MC+ / FS interfaces. Close the "Connect blue adapter" message and proceed with the connection.

The following vehicles require "grey" adapter (independent on the OBD interface used, except the OBDKey multipin):

Alfa Romeo Giulia / Stelvio
Fiat 500E (2020+) / 500X / Argo / Chronos / Ducato Serie 8 (2022+) / Toro
Jeep Renegade / Compass (MP)
RAM Pro Master (2022+)

The following vehicles require "yellow" adapter (independent on the OBD interface used, except the OBDKey multipin):

Alfa Romeo Giulietta / Mito / 4C
Fiat 500 / 500E (before 2020) / 500L / Panda 2012+ / Punto EVO / Grande Punto
Fiat Professional Ducato (types 250 and 290 before 2022) / Doblo (type 152 / 263)
RAM Pro Master (before 2022) / Pro Master City

The adapters are available on Electronic-Fuchs.de, Obdauto.fr, Gendan.co.uk, on Amazon and e-bay.

I'm sure someone on here will clarify shortly.
I have 2017 Ram 1500 and use vlinker mc+ and when I've tried to get past that alert it says failed. It's the only thing I've ever tried to change that didn't work.

RollinCoal02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Then you are likely doing something wrong. I have never found anything in the program that is not reversible. It is sometimes long and drawn out, but I have always been able to put things back to base setting. It often takes more than a couple of drive cycles for some changes to take. Hopefully you listened to the basic entry level instructions when you downloaded the application and copied all of your base settings BEFORE you started changing things.

unfortunately i found someone else on facebook with the same issue. his cruise and max speed is capped at 60mph base setting wont reset it and the program wont allow the change. Same problem as me. The software will not allow the change.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
unfortunately i found someone else on facebook with the same issue. his cruise and max speed is capped at 60mph base setting wont reset it and the program wont allow the change. Same problem as me. The software will not allow the change.
I have never seen a setting you could change once andd never change that setting again but i have never worked witht he specific setting yyou are referencing. If your description is correct then email Alexy, the app developer and get some help. He is very responsive and if there is a glitch he is quick to fix them.

esbstuff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Getting ready to install a 50 gallon Transflow fuel tank on my 22/5500. My truck only came factory with the inboard/front 22 gallon tank and I am over stopping to get fuel all day if I am running hard... Has anyone successfully done a fuel gauge/DTE rewrite on one of these trucks? I searched on here but could not find anything on a late model 5500 and not much success anywhere.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Attachments

• Transflow.jpg
    Transflow.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 6

Angroyed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anybody have an aftermarket stereo installed with Idatalink maestro and get the radio options to show up when enabling certain features in the BCM? if so, what do I have to do?

I bought my 2013 1500 used with the aftermarket stereo already installed. There are a few "OEM" options available in the list, but after enabling DRL settings weeks ago, it never populated in the settings on the radio. And yes, I enabled that feature already. Any ideas would be appreciated.

mark413

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Please Read!!!
Supported years: 2013 to 2018
Make a backup of your original BCM configuration before making any changes. While we have a few BCM configs to compare with, there is nothing like comparing to your own pre-changes.

Instructions:
Uploading System ID (BCM) Information: Thank you Mpgrimm2
To upload your System ID information (BCM) go to the "Tools" icon in the upper right corner. From there select "Upload to Google Drive", it will ask you to link to Google Drive. Link your Google Drive to Alfa. Select "Upload to Google Drive" and "Upload Faults and Status Log". Then select "Body_Chrysler_Info". Name the file to upload whatever you wish. Done! Now you can go to your Google Drive and read the system info a little easier.

For viewing the information directly on the app, go to the bottom and select the battery icon once a connection has been made. Then select Read System ID. It should start populating below. Form what I have seen the Alfa programming tool keeps a record by date of all changes in the BCM from time of first connection.

WORKAROUND UNTIL DEV HAS FIXED POST #8734 and 8735 Thank you @enolS

Only make changes you are sure of.
There are quite a few setting in the AlfaOBD software that are just not for us Ram owners. What you will find in Alfa are code settings for most FCA vehicles. If it makes sense and if another Ram has it from factory, then chances are you can set it. You must also keep in mind not only code settings will get you what you want, you will also need the proper hardware installed. Alfa is not magical!!!

Hello all! Below is a list of known working codes when using AlfaOBD and the OBDLink MX Bluetooth with Android tablet/phone. This thread is to get the information out about this program/tool and its powerful interface. Ricks Ram, STecoD, Mpgrimm2 and I have been able to activate the following codes with no ill effect. I personally have been in contact with the developer several times and he is very willing to help and is pushing updates fairly regularly.

AlfaOBD is only available to Android and Windows platform. There is NO iPhone support.

AlfaOBD
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.AlfaOBD.AlfaOBD

OBDLink MX Bluetooth
https://www.amazon.com/ScanTool-426101-OBDLink-Bluetooth-Professional/dp/B006NZTZLQ

MX vs MX+
***The MX+ is supposed to be slightly faster, comes with Enhanced Diagnostics Add-on and works with iOS devices. The price difference is only like $10. If you already have the MX the only major reason to change to the MX+ is if you want to use it with iOS(There is no AlfaOBD on iOS).*** Thanks @crash68

While there are other ways of connecting to your BCM with AlfaOBD, the above OBDII adapter has been tested and is preferred.

Before attempting any of this be sure to skim through the instructions/help pdf on getting started.
ANDROID http://www.alfaobd.com/AlfaOBD_Android_Help.pdf
WINDOWS http://alfaobd.com/AlfaOBD_Help.pdf

DeereGuy: In case anyone with a 2018 RAM would like to make changes to their truck, we have just officially announced a security bypass harness that will let alfaOBD and other tools work with the 2018s.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/2018-ram-security-module-bypass.125133/#post-1801395

Please make notes for every code you set!!!
If there is a problem this will give you a starting point in which to go back and change what went wrong. We have found nothing in the codes listed below that is not reversible. While it is possible to select multiple codes at once, it is recommended to set one code at a time then let the truck sleep 3 to 5 minutes. When I first started this I noticed some of my codes didn't take right away. I believe it is because I was not giving it enough time.

Known Working List This link provides a working list of codes that will be updated periodically with new additions.

Write-ups for a few of the commonly sought after changes in Alfa. Thank you @1500ram12

Confirmation of DRL CSM showing on RA2 radio settings.

Original Post by @G-Ride990 ... Here and Here

Thank you @ramrocker for locating the above!

Shared BCM Configurations

Earlier Versions of AlfaOBD Thank you @Lawsuit11

Index of How To's and info: Thank you to all those who have contributed!!!
Android getting started

Windows getting started

Tire size adjustments (Easy online calculator)

TPMS

Fob Programming Walk Through

Obtaining 4 digit pin from reluctant dealer

Differences on 4 and 5 digit pin code.

Mirror info for tilt in reverse function

Adding Rain Sense Wipers

Adding OEM Cargo Camera with M2Mods Harness

BW 44-44 to BW 44-45 Transfer Case Swap

2006-2012 Thread on Alfa usage

Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Remove Air Suspension Warning (Disables air suspension)

Adding Dual Zone ATC to a Tradesman

Heated/Vented Seats and Wheel Posts 6959 to 6968

Adding Front LED Turn/Park Lamps

Odometer Correction Post 7871 Thanks @Lawsuit11 (Proceed at your own risk! Still not perfect as the correction is slightly off in the tenths)

Engine Hour Correction Post 7910 Thanks @Lawsuit11 (Proceed at your own risk!)

Do not use an app called SRTactivator. It could possibly leave your truck inoperable or at very least needing to have the BCM flashed at the dealer. It is strongly advised to not change the "Vehicle Line" or "Vehicle Brand". Be very careful in making changes to settings you are unsure of or that have not been tested.

FYI - AlfaOBD needs to be connected to your truck in order for you to be able to see all the settings. While most of them will show, you will not have several other as well as all the CSMs.

Ricks Ram: "I wanted to mention it might be a good idea for guys to leave positive comments in the Google Play Store or wherever you buy the alphaOBD tool from and mention that you're using it for your RAM so the developer will see how many of us who are using the tool are from the Ram community. I'm thinking it might help us in the future as he refines a tool when he knows how many guys are using it for Ram trucks since it was primarily used for Alfa Romeos and other cars prior to the Ram pickup.

I'll continue to update as I find new working codes or fixes to issues as given to me.

Special thanks out to Ricks Ram, STecoD and Mpgrimm2!! I don't believe I missed anything here but if I did, please let me know and I will edit. Thanks!
Hello! I'm new here. this is my first post. I'm trying to find engine brake always on, in alfaobd. I've searched a lot and can't find anything. Does anyone have or know if this is possible with alfaobd?

Thank you.

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Allright guys, I just got the link in today and started playing with alpha

So far I have been able to get a airbag warning AND to clear it by resetting the original file (ain't yall proud of me?)

Here is something I am not sure about though...do I need to reset/replace the RF Hub each time I make a change?

I played around with it a little and no changes seemed to stick

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Allright guys, I just got the link in today and started playing with alpha

So far I have been able to get a airbag warning AND to clear it by resetting the original file (ain't yall proud of me?)

Here is something I am not sure about though...do I need to reset/replace the RF Hub each time I make a change?

I played around with it a little and no changes seemed to stick
You need to make sure you apply the changes while the start switch is in run, but the engine is off, then, once you apply the change and it says "success", wait about 30 seconds, then shut the truck off, open the door, exit, walk at least 30' away and wait about 15 minutes (for SOME changes - for others, you don't have to wait). When you come back, and actually start the truck up, you should be able to reconnect Alpha, and see that the change is in place. Be CAREFUL messing around. There are a LOT of guides out there for different thing, model years, etc, so make sure you follow them, and obviously, you're smart enough that you backed up your original settings! Note: YOU CAN BREAK your truck if you put the wrong settings in. I almost did trying to adjust my ride height. Only way to fix it if you break it is taking it in for an expensive dealer repair - and if they find out you were tinkering using Alpha and/or an MX+, you could void your warranty.

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You need to make sure you apply the changes while the start switch is in run, but the engine is off, then, once you apply the change and it says "success", wait about 30 seconds, then shut the truck off, open the door, exit, walk at least 30' away and wait about 15 minutes (for SOME changes - for others, you don't have to wait). When you come back, and actually start the truck up, you should be able to reconnect Alpha, and see that the change is in place. Be CAREFUL messing around. There are a LOT of guides out there for different thing, model years, etc, so make sure you follow them, and obviously, you're smart enough that you backed up your original settings! Note: YOU CAN BREAK your truck if you put the wrong settings in. I almost did trying to adjust my ride height. Only way to fix it if you break it is taking it in for an expensive dealer repair - and if they find out you were tinkering using Alpha and/or an MX+, you could void your warranty.
Looks like the change took

Now let's see if the air bag light will stay off

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And...my airbag light is back on

This is what I'm trying to accomplish l, my wife's winter beater is a 2015 pursuit charger

As such, the rear door do not unlock when you open the front door because of a line "police lights" (YES/no)

The only change I made was switch over to "police lights" (yes/NO)

Now I get this code

I guess that means I need to change a line somewhere...but where ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240222-202544_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20240222-202544_AlfaOBD.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20240222-202553_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20240222-202553_AlfaOBD.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 7

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And...my airbag light is back on

This is what I'm trying to accomplish l, my wife's winter beater is a 2015 pursuit charger

As such, the rear door do not unlock when you open the front door because of a line "police lights" (YES/no)

The only change I made was switch over to "police lights" (yes/NO)

Now I get this code

I guess that means I need to change a line somewhere...but where ?
You might actually have an airbag issue... IDK, but when it comes to Airbags, they are one of just two things I won't attempt to fix on my own (the other being mount/balance tires - more because I don't have the tools rather than not being able to). Since this was once a police vehicle, it is possible they disabled the airbags or that the airbags were deployed at some point - that makes everything suspect with regards to the airbag behavior. I'd take it to a good mechanic, or the dealer. Check on airbag recalls too - though I don't think dodge/ram was affected by the faulty airbag thing a few years ago, a lot of vehicles were!

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You might actually have an airbag issue... IDK, but when it comes to Airbags, they are one of just two things I won't attempt to fix on my own (the other being mount/balance tires - more because I don't have the tools rather than not being able to). Since this was once a police vehicle, it is possible they disabled the airbags or that the airbags were deployed at some point - that makes everything suspect with regards to the airbag behavior. I'd take it to a good mechanic, or the dealer. Check on airbag recalls too - though I don't think dodge/ram was affected by the faulty airbag thing a few years ago, a lot of vehicles were!
The thing is, when I put it back on "police lights" the air bag warning goes away

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Scan for codes. It's probably there in both modes. All you're doing is blackening the dash with Police Lights I believe.
What is the code?
If you have a code start a thread on it if you have questions so this thread doesn't get anymore off topic, and it will get the attention to repair the issue if you want the help.

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Scan for codes. It's probably there in both modes.
What is the code?
B222a

I dont know why, but the code clears itself when I switch the "police lights" back on

Something in that package must tell the computer it has less airbags then a regular charger

So when I turn the police package off, the ORC starts looking for airbags that aren't there, or aren't hooked up (I think)

I have read that the line "vehicle line mismatch" sometimes shows up when you change the model of a car (might have been on here, I read someone installed larger fuel tanks and changed the code to a chassis cab to make the fuel tanks read, and he got the same issue)

BUT I can't find the issue

I did a status readout (or whatever it is called) before and after and couldn't find the issue there iether