PROBLEM WITH NAV-OFFLINE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKURTZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I HAVE A NEW 2019 RAM 1500. IT HAS THE 12 INCH SCREEN WITH NAV. ON OCCASSION, WHEN PERFORMING A SEARCH, IT WILL BE “ONLINE” AND WILL DO A SEARCH FOR AN ADDRESS OR LOCATION. MOST OF THE TIME, HOWEVER, IT SAYS IT IS OFFLINE AND WILL NOT DO THE SEARCH.

I CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHY THIS WORKS SOMETIMES AND WHY IT FAILS TO AT OTHERS. I HAVE THE ISSUE WHETHER CONNECTED TO MY IPHONE BY BLUETOOTH, OR BY USB.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE SECRET IS TO HAVE IT CONNECTED ALL THE TIME?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

DAVECS1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I believe others have stated this issues. I have thought about starting a software issues list for the 12" touch screen as it has a number of issues.

It does not retain the source menu configuration though key cycle

There is a button in the phone app that asks if you want to compose a voice recognition text and it takes you to a canned text menu

If you access a feature on the screen while in reverse it can cause the screen to shut off all apps and go blank except for the operating system.

I have not experienced the nav search problem but I have seen it mentioned twice on here.

Mike Ruocco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is the same issue I have reported and asked about in a thread below. You are the first I have heard of where it worked at all online.

OP
OP
J

JKURTZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It has worked a few times but most of the time it does not. I have had the phone plugged into the usb and alternatively synched via bluetooth and not connected at all. I cannot figure out why it works sometimes and not others. I have reviewed the manual and nothing seems to help. I suspect it is a kink that RAM needs to address and make an update.

m701

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine worked fine for about 5 months now it says teaching off line and nothing found.

jimmy clancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2020 6.7 2500 worked until the Sirius radio subscription ended then the nav reception bars indicated offline and the GPS no longer finds the requested location

Mrgreg2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L diesel
I am having the same issue with my nav unit 12 in screen. I agree with some that this is a software issue. I think the unit tries to connect to the trucks own WIFI and if were not subscribing to the ATT service the nav search is offline.

My suggestion it to write into the code line for the search bar "an or" command for where to go for the search.
This would act like an or gate on an electrical board, meaning the search bar would look at one item and if no service go to the next source etc. untill it found a source ie your cell phone or your nav units sat signal.

The next suggestion is to set it up with the "anynet" command which is similar to the commands Samsung uses on their TVs, if you turn on the tv and then the blue ray player the anynet recognizes this and ask if you want go there.

Mrgreg2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L diesel
I just received an email telling me that they closed my case, and they already sent a work around!!!!!! I Called customer support and was told that I needed to subscribe to Sirius Guardian for Uconnect to work on the 4c Uconnect and id this was the 5 i would have to subscribe to Uconnect for my Nav unit to work or use the work around they sent me which was incorrect as well.
We didn't pay for this level of safety and technology to have to pay again to use it.
The customers need to contact Ram and Stellinis and try to get the software rewritten to correct this issue.
could have paid $50K for a truck to drive or the $80+ K for a comfortable ride with the safety features I wanted but expected them to work without a subscription to use what I have purchased!!!!!!
Prior experience prompted me to ask many questions about the safety features being vetted and the map updates not being based on a fee.
I get told everything is updated through Uconnect and the maps are in those updates.
Wasn't informed that there is a fee for Uconnect!!!!! My purchase choices would have been a lot different!!!!!

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I get told everything is updated through Uconnect and the maps are in those updates.
Wasn't informed that there is a fee for Uconnect!!!!! My purchase choices would have been a lot different!!!!!

Who told you that, the dealer? I hate to say this since it is of no help to you now, but you can't trust anything they tell you. The forums are great for this if you ask prior to buying, but the $150 map update fee has been discussed here for nearly a decade in many threads, and the 3 month trial for 2022s (decreased from 12 months in earlier rams) for the extra uconnect services was discussed immediately when news of that came out prior to 2022s starting production.

Losing the extra uconnect things isn't a big deal for most of us that don't use any of it, it's not like your screen will stop working or anything. Likewise for the maps (most of us don't care about the update or use other gps), although I think I can say we all agree it's an extremely cheap move on rams part either way.

Sorry you were mislead, you weren't the first and will be far from the last.

Mrgreg2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L diesel
Who told you that, the dealer? I hate to say this since it is of no help to you now, but you can't trust anything they tell you. The forums are great for this if you ask prior to buying, but the $150 map update fee has been discussed here for nearly a decade in many threads, and the 3 month trial for 2022s (decreased from 12 months in earlier rams) for the extra uconnect services was discussed immediately when news of that came out prior to 2022s starting production.

Losing the extra uconnect things isn't a big deal for most of us that don't use any of it, it's not like your screen will stop working or anything. Likewise for the maps (most of us don't care about the update or use other gps), although I think I can say we all agree it's an extremely cheap move on rams part either way.

Sorry you were mislead, you weren't the first and will be far from the last.
Thats why I asked those questions about the nav updates, I was paying with the Nissan and didn't want to have to pay update fees for anything. Nissan did make some changes I noticed on the model we traded was that I could update my GPS through my home wifi even though its slow. We had a bad experience with safety equipment so I asked the tech guy at the dealer a ton of questions about the vetting of their safety equipment to make sure I could trust it on the highway. With the Nissan that we owned the safety equipment was scarry at best. I thought I had done all of my research and had the questions in hand to ask but with the Uconnect terminology I was missing a few questions. When told that Uconnect was part of the package and I didn't have to pay for Nav updates as they're accomplished through Uconnect, and this wasn't quite accurate. I wouldn't have purchased this level of technology in my truck. The other safety features like collision avoidance, blind spot monitoring, auto braking etc. work well. I could have saved about $30 K on my purchase of a 1500 limited.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thats why I asked those questions about the nav updates, I was paying with the Nissan and didn't want to have to pay update fees for anything. Nissan did make some changes I noticed on the model we traded was that I could update my GPS through my home wifi even though its slow. We had a bad experience with safety equipment so I asked the tech guy at the dealer a ton of questions about the vetting of their safety equipment to make sure I could trust it on the highway. With the Nissan that we owned the safety equipment was scarry at best. I thought I had done all of my research and had the questions in hand to ask but with the Uconnect terminology I was missing a few questions. When told that Uconnect was part of the package and I didn't have to pay for Nav updates as they're accomplished through Uconnect, and this wasn't quite accurate. I wouldn't have purchased this level of technology in my truck. The other safety features like collision avoidance, blind spot monitoring, auto braking etc. work well. I could have saved about $30 K on my purchase of a 1500 limited.

Unfortunately with most dealers (and to play it safe I would say to just not trust any) you can't rely on what they tell you. The upside though is that with the internet and forums like this, you can get the truth and real first hand experience from owners. I've bought 4 rams and was fortunate enough to have resources like these forums and the build sheet lookup tool etc. So I never had to ask or rely on the dealer for any information on the truck at all. It should be their job to know about the product but it's their job to sell, and I've tested that with a couple of dealers and found the results to be "whatever you want to hear", when I've asked a question but hinted at what I wanted.

BMRAM1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI ?.?
I have a 2020 RAM 1500 with the 12-inch screen and have the same issue with the GPS attempting to find by searching "Offline" and then failing find a requested location. The dealer said they new there was a problem and would be fixed in the future. A second issue is the voice command for the navigation worked with the UCONNECT service and stopped working when the UCONNECT service expired. Is the voice navigation command a UCONNECT service only? Any updates concerning the issues with the navigation without UCONNECT?