Procharger Hemi 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kraftei

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does anyone else have a procharger on their hemi 5.7 ?

I had a custom dyno tune (91 octane daily driver) performed this week as the "canned" tune was not very good, going back Monday to get the cats gutted and retuned. After more research I am worried about the cats melting long term. I am also having the shop check to see if the crank was pinned as I suspect the original installer skipped that step. I was reading the installation manual and everything was checked off, except the pinning of the crank. I already discovered that they left the original plugs in, I replaced them with cooler plugs and tightened the gap.

Curious what sort of numbers others are getting and tips ? I got 390 rwhp after I replaced the plugs and 430 rwhp after the custom tune. Night and day (drive-ability) with the custom tune compared to the "canned" one.

James OBrien

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hermi
Don't have a procharger, have a different type that's similar in that it's a centfugal but probably similar outputs. With all of my mods I get about 500 RWHP on the dyno.

Are you sure you're not getting crank HP mixed up with rear wheel HP? 390 HP is the stock rating for our hemis, you'd have to have some decent mods and probably go as far as an aggressive cam to get 390 rear wheel HP.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

I had a custom dyno tune (91 octane daily driver) performed this week as the "canned" tune was not very good, going back Monday to get the cats gutted and retuned. After more research I am worried about the cats melting long term. I am also having the shop check to see if the crank was pinned as I suspect the original installer skipped that step. I was reading the installation manual and everything was checked off, except the pinning of the crank. I already discovered that they left the original plugs in, I replaced them with cooler plugs and tightened the gap.

Curious what sort of numbers others are getting and tips ? I got 390 rwhp after I replaced the plugs and 430 rwhp after the custom tune. Night and day (drive-ability) with the custom tune compared to the "canned" one.

Hunt up Kurtis Holland,he posts on here as Charonblk07,but he's not on here much anymore,you can usually find him on one of the high performance Ram facebook pages,like Tuned Rams / High Performance Rams etc., he's got a fair bit of ProCharger experience,and he's semi local in Calgary. You should run easy high 12's at Castrol with those rwhp numbers.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Out of curiousity who do you have dyno tuning it up there Kraftei

ScLeCo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 426
You might have some belt slip. Number seem low even for a procharger.

Josh22855

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What is your boost psi?
What size procharger pulley?

OP
OP
Kraftei

Kraftei

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Out of curiousity who do you have dyno tuning it up there Kraftei

I have used two in the past, I used "The Iron Garage" in Stony Plain for my Hellcat. I used "CCMR" in Spruce Grove for the Ram.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have used two in the past, I used "The Iron Garage" in Stony Plain for my Hellcat. I used "CCMR" in Spruce Grove for the Ram.

I know Chris pretty well at CCMR,my last 2 trucks have been on his portable dyno a few times,lol.What's your name,i see Jay on the dyno sheet,lol.Have you ever ran the Cat at Castrol.
Rick Wildman

OP
OP
Kraftei

Kraftei

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know Chris pretty well at CCMR,my last 2 trucks have been on his portable dyno a few times,lol.What's your name,i see Jay on the dyno sheet,lol.Have you ever ran the Cat at Castrol.
Rick Wildman

No I have never been to a track. I achieved 772 rwhp with the Hellcat with a tune, air cleaner, injectors and the mild hellraiser pulley.

I just got off the phone line with Procharger. My kit has the correct pulley but due to elevation it is only producing 5 ish pounds of boost. In the theory I should drop the pulley to a 3.5 or 3.45 to get the Procharger producing the proper boost. The kit was designed for 7 pounds, hence why I am getting such low numbers. The original owner installed the kit so I never paid for it, personally I would not have spent this kind of money to pick up 390 rwhp (with the canned tune).

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
No I have never been to a track. I achieved 772 rwhp with the Hellcat with a tune, air cleaner, injectors and the mild hellraiser pulley.

I just got off the phone line with Procharger. My kit has the correct pulley but due to elevation it is only producing 5 ish pounds of boost. In the theory I should drop the pulley to a 3.5 or 3.45 to get the Procharger producing the proper boost. The kit was designed for 7 pounds, hence why I am getting such low numbers. The original owner installed the kit so I never paid for it, personally I would not have spent this kind of money to pick up 390 rwhp (with the canned tune).

You should bring them out to Castrol some Friday night,there's quite a few Cats there usually,and quite often the Demon and RedEye guys show up as a group.With 772 rwhp,your Kittycat will be one of the quicker ones there.40 bucks / helmut and in your case you'll need a race jacket are all you need to run on Friday night street legals.at 11.5 Castrol wants a jacket,and you'll be well into the 10's with those rwhp numbers. Depending on crowd you can get in at least a 1/2 dozen or more runs.It's not brackets on Friday nights,so redlights don't count,and there's no dial-ins. If you do decide to bring either out,there's a group of us Dodge freaks that usually park together. My wife is a die hard drag racer and runs her 1320 as much as she can,so if you're married,bring the boss with you,as there's usually a few wifes there.

OP
OP
Kraftei

Kraftei

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You should bring them out to Castrol some Friday night,there's quite a few Cats there usually,and quite often the Demon and RedEye guys show up as a group.With 772 rwhp,your Kittycat will be one of the quicker ones there.40 bucks / helmut and in your case you'll need a race jacket are all you need to run on Friday night street legals.at 11.5 Castrol wants a jacket,and you'll be well into the 10's with those rwhp numbers. Depending on crowd you can get in at least a 1/2 dozen or more runs.It's not brackets on Friday nights,so redlights don't count,and there's no dial-ins. If you do decide to bring either out,there's a group of us Dodge freaks that usually park together. My wife is a die hard drag racer and runs her 1320 as much as she can,so if you're married,bring the boss with you,as there's usually a few wifes there.

I should clarify the Hellcat is gone, I took a 69 Dart stroker on trade with cash this summer. If someone showed me what to do (at the track) I could probably take the Dart out, its stupid fast and built to be road hard !

I am installing a 2.5 Icon lift / tires and rims on the Ram, as soon as I can get my hands on the Icon upper control arms. I don't think its going to make much of a track truck ;o)

I also have a 72 Demon. I have been trying to sell one of the muscle cars but its been a gong show, had 5 deals fall apart on the Dart and 2 on the Demon. Its a weird year for people, you cant trust anyone, a deal means nothing !

IMG_3780.jpg

IMG_3781.jpg

IMG_6106.jpg

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I should clarify the Hellcat is gone, I took a 69 Dart stroker on trade with cash this summer. If someone showed me what to do (at the track) I could probably take the Dart out, its stupid fast and built to be road hard !

I am installing a 2.5 Icon lift / tires and rims on the Ram, as soon as I can get my hands on the Icon upper control arms. I don't think its going to make much of a track truck ;o)

I also have a 72 Demon. I have been trying to sell one of the muscle cars but its been a gong show, had 5 deals fall apart on the Dart and 2 on the Demon. Its a weird year for people, you cant trust anyone, a deal means nothing !

View attachment 226691

View attachment 226692

View attachment 226693

Now that's a couple toys ,here let me wipe up the drool,lol. Do you know Greg Palmer? Let me know when you want to try your hand at Castrol,i know my way around the place a little bit,lol. Hell bring the truck out even if it's lifted,young Josh has 35's on his Edelbrock boosted 4X4 and he runs it fairly often.I'd expect your truck to be a high 12 truck,so it'll garner a fair bit of attention.A quick truck gets more attention then a fast car at most tracks.Everybody and their dog in the stands can relate to a quick street truck,while a 10 sec car they don't relate to.I'd almost lay money,your lifted 4X4 would get more attention from the people in the stands then your Dart would.The only way the Dart would get more attention,was if it stood on the back tires till the 1,000ft mark,lol.You'd be surprised at the amount of attention a quick truck gets,lol

OP
OP
Kraftei

Kraftei

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Now that's a couple toys ,here let me wipe up the drool,lol. Do you know Greg Palmer? Let me know when you want to try your hand at Castrol,i know my way around the place a little bit,lol. Hell bring the truck out even if it's lifted,young Josh has 35's on his Edelbrock boosted 4X4 and he runs it fairly often.I'd expect your truck to be a high 12 truck,so it'll garner a fair bit of attention.A quick truck gets more attention then a fast car at most tracks.Everybody and their dog in the stands can relate to a quick street truck,while a 10 sec car they don't relate to.I'd almost lay money,your lifted 4X4 would get more attention from the people in the stands then your Dart would.The only way the Dart would get more attention,was if it stood on the back tires till the 1,000ft mark,lol.You'd be surprised at the amount of attention a quick truck gets,lol

Yes, Greg used to own the Demon previous to the fellow I bought the Demon from.

You make a good point, once the lift is on and the truck gets re-tuned with a smaller pulley I'll give it a whirl. I'll get the truck tuned for 94 as well, I only did 91 because I buy my gas at Safeway (with coupon) and 91 is the highest they offer.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Yes, Greg used to own the Demon previous to the fellow I bought the Demon from.

You make a good point, once the lift is on and the truck gets re-tuned with a smaller pulley I'll give it a whirl. I'll get the truck tuned for 94 as well, I only did 91 because I buy my gas at Safeway (with coupon) and 91 is the highest they offer.

I wondered if he'd owned the Demon somewhere along the line,lol.Gregs a good buddy of mine,money's no object to him,lol. He special ordered his 1320 Challenger with no options,and it's the only 1320 that has beat my wifes fully loaded 1320 on the street,lol.His newer style Demon also holds the record at Castrol for being the fastest stock 2018 Demon locally.He loves street racing probably even more then i do,and is a player in Calgarys street scene fairly often,lol

You'd be surprised at how much attention a quick little 4X4 gets at the track. This province is all about lifted trucks,so everybody relates to a lifted truck at the track,lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kraftei

Kraftei

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wondered if he'd owned the Demon somewhere along the line,lol.Gregs a good buddy of mine,money's no object to him,lol. He special ordered his 1320 Challenger with no options,and it's the only 1320 that has beat my wifes fully loaded 1320 on the street,lol.His newer style Demon also holds the record at Castrol for being the fastest stock 2018 Demon locally.He loves street racing probably even more then i do,and is a player in Calgarys street scene fairly often,lol

You'd be surprised at how much attention a quick little 4X4 gets at the track. This province is all about lifted trucks,so everybody relates to a lifted truck at the track,lol

I was going to leave it as a daily driver but you have inspired me ;o)

I ordered the upper control arms from a dealer on here (he had one set in stock). Hopefully I'll have the kit on in a couple of weeks and then back to the dyno for a smaller pulley and a retune !

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I was going to leave it as a daily driver but you have inspired me ;o)

I ordered the upper control arms from a dealer on here (he had one set in stock). Hopefully I'll have the kit on in a couple of weeks and then back to the dyno for a smaller pulley and a retune !

It can still be a daily driver,lol. Awright sounds good Jay. Meke sure you let me know when you want to take it out,and i'll give you a hand getting through tech. I'm known there well enough,i don't even have tech my truck or the wifes 1320,i just fill out the tech sheet and walk it over ,lol
Rick Wildman ( the last name damn near killed me in my younger days trying to live up to it,lol)

OP
OP
Kraftei

Kraftei

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It can still be a daily driver,lol. Awright sounds good Jay. Meke sure you let me know when you want to take it out,and i'll give you a hand getting through tech. I'm known there well enough,i don't even have tech my truck or the wifes 1320,i just fill out the tech sheet and walk it over ,lol
Rick Wildman ( the last name damn near killed me in my younger days trying to live up to it,lol)

I finally got the Icon 2.5 inch lift kit installed with upper control arms, aligned. I was not happy with my grill mods so I changed the inserts again. Pretty much done now. Smaller blower pulley and fuel pump on order, I'll get that installed and then a re dyno for 94 octane. Prob get a buff job and some new 3m as I suspect my tires are going to ****** my paint. It rides soooo much nicer now, hardly feel the bumps. Overall I am happy, the truck was dog ugly when I bought it, not sure if I could turn it around or not. If anyone is looking I have the take off rims and tires (300kms) and the complete lowering kit with front struts and upper control arms (4wd).

IMG_3956.jpg

IMG_3978.jpg

IMG_3979.jpg

IMG_3981.jpg

IMG_3982.jpg