Program Erase Key Fob (Fobik)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wayned87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So I have read on quite a few threads about programming and erasing fobiks using the AlfaOBD. I would like to share my experience on what I did and what worked for me.

I have the "push to start / keyless n go" system. I purchased 2 fobiks off Amazon, link from @Jimmy07 in the "How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go" thread -

https://www.amazon.com/KeylessOptio...d=1548046339&ref_=sxts_1&sr=1&tag=ramforum-20

Got them all programmed, and it seemed like they worked about 99% of the time. So I went ahead and ordered 2 of these since they are OEM/unlocked and only a few dollars more than the non OEM-

https://www.ebay.com/itm/100-OEM-13-18-RAM-1500-2500-3500-SMART-KEY-REMOTE-START-PROXIMITY-FOB-56046956/323821391619?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Once I received the used/unlocked fobiks, using the AlfaOBD I performed the "Erase Fobiks" to erase the amazon fobs. Then I double checked the fobs to make sure they wouldn't unlock/lock/be recognized by the truck, nor would they come up using the learned fobs options in AlfaOBD.

I then programmed the 2 OEM used/unlocked fobs from eBay, and all worked as normal. Then just for curiosity purposes I tried to re-program the 2 amazon fobs that I "erased", and for what ever reason they both re-programmed and worked just fine. I have not since tried the "erase fobiks' as I do not have any unlocked fobiks for that just incase purpose.

So what does this mean? - Great Question!
Does the "erase fobiks" option in AlfaOBD, erase and unlock fobiks? - I DONT KNOW
Did I just get lucky? - MAYBE
Why did the erased fobiks reprogram? - Maybe because it was the same vehicle and not a new vehicle.

If anyone else has erased fobiks please chime in and hopefully we can figure this out.

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
I could be wrong but I think what happens when you do the erase it just removes it from the truck memory so the fob wouldn't be recognized. When you told it to relearn those fogs the computer recognized they were previously married to the truck and rememorized them. Had you tried to take to a different truck they would have been recognized as already married to a different truck and be rejected.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
wayned87

wayned87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I see now and that makes complete sense. Thank you for your input.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye