Projector lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramulus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco
You have RetroShop projectors and you want to go backwards to led bulbs in stock projectors?

No. Let me explain. My truck came with stock projector headlamps. At first I tried LED bulbs in them, various versions of LEDs. The light output sucked in the OEM halogen projectors. I was able to get a set of OEM sport projectors, for RetroShop to install the FXR projectors. I think it was 2017 when I did that, and they've been awesome since.

I still have the OEM non-sport projector headlamps in my garage, and I'm curious to see how the MLED 2.0 retrofit would compare to the light output of the FXR. Would it be a downgrade? I'm not sure. The pics I've seen of the light output certainly look impressive.

I'm questioning how difficult the install would be, and what all is needed if I do it myself. I see this bracket from lightwerkz, and it appears this might be needed for the kit to bolt in, but I'm not sure: https://lightwerkz.net/products/dodge-ram-15-18-projector-headlight-brackets

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No. Let me explain. My truck came with stock projector headlamps. At first I tried LED bulbs in them, various versions of LEDs. The light output sucked in the OEM halogen projectors. I was able to get a set of OEM sport projectors, for RetroShop to install the FXR projectors. I think it was 2017 when I did that, and they've been awesome since.

I still have the OEM non-sport projector headlamps in my garage, and I'm curious to see how the MLED 2.0 retrofit would compare to the light output of the FXR. Would it be a downgrade? I'm not sure. The pics I've seen of the light output certainly look impressive.

I'm questioning how difficult the install would be, and what all is needed if I do it myself. I see this bracket from lightwerkz, and it appears this might be needed for the kit to bolt in, but I'm not sure: https://lightwerkz.net/products/dodge-ram-15-18-projector-headlight-brackets
No you're fine, I read the post wrong and assumed you were talking about the 2stroke led bulbs in the stock projector housing, and totally misread that you said mled and I do know what those are. Sorry for the mix-up.

Mikethomas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lot of confusion..or just me...all i want is to be pointed in the right direction. I want to get a set of LED Projector light assemblies for my 2021 Ram Warlock...can anyone advise please...cheers Dave
Projector lights have a 9 pin connector. Don't know if there is a jumper from 3-4 pin to 9 pin