Projector lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lot of confusion..or just me...all i want is to be pointed in the right direction. I want to get a set of LED Projector light assemblies for my 2021 Ram Warlock...can anyone advise please...cheers Dave

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Lot of confusion..or just me...all i want is to be pointed in the right direction. I want to get a set of LED Projector light assemblies for my 2021 Ram Warlock...can anyone advise please...cheers Dave
Go see Brandon,he's in Saskatoon Dave

ESS K CUSTOMS - CONTACT​

3530 Millar Ave Building 600
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada S7P 0B6
Phone: (call or text) 1-306-717-8666
Email: [email protected]

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Been there Rick and spoke to Brandon, know him well...LOL...he has some but the price is like $1600 before I try to install them with arthritic fingers lol...problrm I am out of the loop and that is the price these things are.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
HID or LED Rick?
I like the HIDs that are the factory upgraded lights in the cars,but i also have LEDs in the fogs on both the challenger and 300,and they do a decent job of lighting up the ditches,it's your call Dave,lol

star_deceiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
These lights are halogen projectors. If you have a Warlock, yours will be the same. I tried a set of aftermarket LED bulbs, the same ones I had in my 3500 that were great. They were absolute garbage in the projectors and brighter than the sun in the high beams. Although they looked real good, they produced no actual driving light. Couldn’t see chit at night. The high beams can burn the retinas off a deer 3kms away, lighting up the entire road in between.

My projectors now have a set of bright halogens from Canadian Tire that work good. Considering the pain in the ass it is to remove and install the casings repeatedly, I am done with this game. When they burn out, the stock bulbs can go back in and I have the 2nd set of LED bulbs to go in the high beams if they ever die. IMG_3888.jpeg

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
So are mening just the bulbs Rick?
I'm like Star Deciever,i'm just running good bulbs from Canadian Tire in the trucks projectors,and a set of Led foglights from them in the foglights on everything

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm like Star Deciever,i'm just running good bulbs from Canadian Tire in the trucks projectors,and a set of Led foglights from them in the foglights on everything
A lot cheaper to do bulbs than whole housing. But OP, yer call. I am fortunate, MY 19 5th Gen early build came with OEM Reflector LED's. The latter built Bighorns were downgraded back to Halogens.

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep H's are what I the unknowing dummy got..Oh well just drive in the light of day...ANYWAY..getting a great tailgate wrap soon and new plates..K9WIZRD..I 've trained dogs for over 50 yrs so I guess I qualify for the title..lol..wait til you see the graphic..woohoo!

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
if you have the sport projectors, get the D5S projector retrofit from morimoto, bake the headlights and swap it out. 55w HID and let it eat. Will be better than the new LED stuff and if the bulb burns out you replace it vs having to get a whole new housing. Took me a day to do mine 7 years ago and I'm still rocking them but did FXR 3.0 projectors as thats what was available. Kit should be less than $500 and figure a harness for the canbus and your good to go.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
if you have the sport projectors, get the D5S projector retrofit from morimoto, bake the headlights and swap it out. 55w HID and let it eat. Will be better than the new LED stuff and if the bulb burns out you replace it vs having to get a whole new housing. Took me a day to do mine 7 years ago and I'm still rocking them but did FXR 3.0 projectors as thats what was available. Kit should be less than $500 and figure a harness for the canbus and your good to go.
I know this is great advice but man the mled 2.0s are calling me

RedRAM21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I am new to RAM but I purchased a 2021 Bighorn and wanted Projector headlights.
Not knowing the Project industry and wanting to get somethign that works, I tried the "Alpharex brand LED Projector Headlights.
It has been approximately 7 months now, speaking from a Non-Experience Point of view, I like what I got.
Hardest parts was taking the body apart, luckily I also replaced the Front Bumper, and the Grille at the same time.

My decision was made through the American Trucks Site, and their promise to take the units back if they didn't perform as discribed by them. I did the install, got the lights professionally aligned (I didn't want to mess it up), and am very happy with the amount of white light and the amount of light I get from these lights.

Is the Alpharex a good name, I didn't have any idea and can only base my views on their performance so far but I would buy them again. While I was at it I purchased the Alpharex Taillights also.
Their Tail Lights were the only one that were different from the OEM design.

Just my 2 cents.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I know this is great advice but man the mled 2.0s are calling me
The output on the mled is nice but I don’t like the non serviceability. Aftermarket led never last as long as OEM in my experience. Even then ppl are gona be pi$$ed when they need to replace a $1000 assembly bc the led burns out. Mled should last a while but when it goes your SOL and have to open back up and spend $$. OEM is taking serviceability out of the equation bc ppl are lazy and bc they can make more off you in the long run. I would always opt for the base headlight and do a retrofit which is best bang for your buck. I’d tell u to get some cheap aftermarket housings to open up bc I’m sure they are easier but then your worried about turn signals burning out etc in short time bc the quality is cr@p.

Ramulus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco
Is there a guide on installing the MLED 2.0 in a RAM projector headlamp assembly? I've been running FXR projectors for the past 6+ years. I had RetroShop do the custom work. I still have my stock projector headlamp assemblies and wouldn't mind giving it a try depending on the difficulty.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there a guide on installing the MLED 2.0 in a RAM projector headlamp assembly? I've been running FXR projectors for the past 6+ years. I had RetroShop do the custom work. I still have my stock projector headlamp assemblies and wouldn't mind giving it a try depending on the difficulty.
You have RetroShop projectors and you want to go backwards to led bulbs in stock projectors?

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You have RetroShop projectors and you want to go backwards to led bulbs in stock projectors?
The mled 2.0 isn't a bulb, it's a complete projector. Personally, I like the NHK led projectors more than the morimoto. If I were to swap projectors in a set of OEM housings, I'd go with a set of the g5 brt projectors. That's personal preference though.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The mled 2.0 isn't a bulb, it's a complete projector. Personally, I like the NHK led projectors more than the morimoto. If I were to swap projectors in a set of OEM housings, I'd go with a set of the g5 brt projectors. That's personal preference though.
You're right, I read mled and thought 2stroke led.