Protecting Door panels...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony Lawlor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure if any of you guys have ever tried treating the interior of door panels to stop or put the brakes on rust.
Simply remove interior door panel skins and pour transmission oil, small amount to coat and seal door panel skin.
First tape off drain sweep holes to contain the oil for good soaking.
But sure oil reaches all corners and panel bottom seams.
Allow to sit for a couple of minutes.
Catch oil in a container and place rags under weeps overnight. Usually clear by next day.
I reclaim oil and reuse for future treatments on other vechiles.
Will show pics on next treatments .
This will save those door, for sure.
Works on other panel seams and folds, like tailgates bottoms.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I use Fluid Film for the same purpose. Unlike some transmission fluids, it won't damage the paint.

-K

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good idea, and I have been doing that for years with my other trucks. A friend of mine owns a body shop and told me about this years ago. I don't use ATF, but other types of oil. My previous trucks I could pump oil into the doors from the end,, but there is no holes on the newer trucks so I will have to remove the inner panel to gain access.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you take off the weatherstrip along the bottom of the door you can spray oil through the holes for the weatherstrip clips and through the drain holes at each end.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk