Puddle light question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi832

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are the puddle lights on the light sensor, they only come on when its dark?

Jayc19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
My puddle lights are not light sensitive. They turn on when I unlock the truck and when I open the door.

south7west

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 LoneStar
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah, puddle lights are not dependent on the light sensor. Every time you open the door they come on, and when you unlock the truck they come on as well. Keeps it simple! ;)

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Replaced both of mine since each had LEDs out.
Got OEM ones on Amazon for $92 each. YouTube has how-to vids.

paul jackson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
my passenger side puddle light will not come on when it is folded in.. but it comes on when it is out. i just replaced the puddle light ... read somewhere , if someone has pulled them out without using the switch it will get them out of sync... can anyone else confirm this? and if so, what process did you use to fix it? i tried yesterday : it was out , i hit the unlock button on FOB, i folded in manually and it stayed on. but as soon as the button was hit for folding in and out. they shut off when folded in now.... i am diligent on this theory because i went through the car wash and it pushed my mirror forward and got them seriously out of sync, and thing this is what has happened... thanks in advance. :)